Thread: 2010 chevy camaro idle/low RPM tuning

Potential Tuner

2010 chevy camaro idle/low RPM tuning

hello...first post here.

looking for some help/direction on nailing down my idle/low RPM tune.

current MODS:

Ed Curtis cam: 22*/23* 114 +3 .625/.600
    CAI
    Ported TB
    LG motorsports LT
    Exhaust & HF Cats
    3.91 Gears

the rest of the tune seems to be dialed in…putting down decent power 458HP 425TQ

trying to get the idle portion dialed in as i have some surging and bucking at low speeds, mainly below 1400RPM. i've been through the forum and the "how to's" http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...e-(w-pictures) for instance, but the guides seem out dated for the version of software that i am running (2.24.57). i've been playing with the base idle airflow and increasing the values until the surging goes away, but I'm not certain that simply adding more air is the correct way of doing this. i have noticed my AFR (wideband) become more stable at lower RPM and holding between 14.5-14.9 steadily, but my LTFT/STFT's are between +10-15%, and in turn my MPG's have also suffered. instead of adding air, should i be pulling fuel, and if so, what would be the correct way, or should i look to add timing? i think my idle base spark vs rpm vs cylair could use some finesse just looking at it. i'd take the the correct way to go about doing it period if anybody has a recommendation.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    Last edited by hapisok; 01-28-2014 at 06:08 PM.