Thread: KB 168 Mono (2008 GT500). Weird or common issue?

Tuner in Training

KB 168 Mono (2008 GT500). Weird or common issue?

I cannot seem to figure out why this 168 behaves like it does. I have the commanded idle at 800. When I start the engine (does not matter cold or hot) the idle stabilizes within a minute or so, depending on temp to the commanded idle. Smooth as silk. The issue starts just after I've driven it. It does not matter if it's a short drive around the block or a lengthy one down the freeway. Once I let off the pedal, returning to idle, it idles high, about 1000 rpm AND it hunts. About 150 rpms either side of commanded. So now it's hunting, which goes on indefinitely. But if I turn off the engine and immediately restart it, it's smooth and holds at 800 rpms. I don't get it.

Is this a common issue or am I just lucky to have the one and only misbehaving child?

Willie
    Last edited by Willie; 03-21-2021 at 09:46 PM.

Tuner in Training
    It?s a common monoblade issue. Mine did the same thing. I have an FRPP mono. I made sure to use the values given by Ford. I also slowed down the decay near the idle speed I wanted, got my decel timing close to idle timing at the idle rpm I wanted, and what helped the most was a smaller value on the torque table. This made a larger value in the inverse table and stabilized it a lot. I have my idle set to 700 and it?ll come down to 650 the most. I?m still working on driver demand for the surges, but even then, I?d rather it surge to 900 when I let off the clutch, than fall off to 500 like it used to. But I have my driver demand set pretty high.

Can you guys post some tune/logs? I have no idea what I'm doing on your car but I have had similar issues on other platforms and maybe even a caveman can fix it if you give him a log