Thread: How has your strategy changed with Direct Injection V8?

How has your strategy changed with Direct Injection V8?

What have you changed about things like Commanded AFR when NA or FI?

Timing, more? less?

How do you edit the Requested Torque Tables with the new ECU setup?

From the last 4 years I have gotten sort of a process for tuning, doing things in a certain order, some tables get the same/similar initial adjustments, etc.
    With the new ECUs and DI motors that I have tuned so far, it seems to be working fine, seeing good results, but I just can't help but feel I might be missing something(s) in my edits.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    ^what is it your changing in comparison to the new DI motors?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I don't know what you mean...

Currently (at least it seems to me) there really isn't a way to calibrate the requested torque tables correctly. My biggest issue with them is having to rape the knock sensors so much on the C7, the 6.2 truck calibration doesn't seem to have this issue though...

To add a little more and so I don't sound ungrateful. With the latest versions of HPT they have added a LOT of Tq. Coefficients which makes it look like GM is doing virtual tq. tables on these much like they did with the VVE. Hopefully they are working on a way to work with this, or possibly release something like this http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...vanced_e78.htm for the e92...

Advanced Tuner
    i just got to tune my first one today and what was weird was the Tq man table for max tq making the AFR at WOT go lean. and the Knock sensors sure do go off ALOT! Once i got the Knock to calm down over the stock tune i was 3 less HP than the stock tune., BUT no knock....
    Last edited by firefly9r68; 02-17-2014 at 11:22 PM.

I have tuned only a couple dozen cars most of which were mine and all were between 1998 - 2005 on the LSx with about a half dozen Duramax's. I just went and bought me a new Silverado and holy crap, I got a hell of a culture shock. But you are right, there is a lot of KR on these DI motors and was just getting ready to post and ask if that was normal.
    2014 Silverado 5.3 - New Mod Template