Thread: VE?

VE?

Chris???

Curious if a built in VVE tool will be incorporated into the Gen 5 stuff. I see the coefficients are similar to Gen4 stuff however the Map layout is now in a different format using Pratio which I'm sure is just a movement forward for simplifying the GMVE equation or rather making it more complex...

In regards to the VVE on these setups do you guys have the function to describe VE in these?

Here is a pull from the Gen4 stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    Bascially the engine operation is divided up into 30 "zones" and then there is a coefficient for each zone that forms an equation for the PCM to calculate the VE value (instead of looking it up in a traditional table). The simplified equation is (leaving out all the variable cam stuff that isn't used):

VE = Constant + KMap².MAP² + KMap.MAP + KMapRPM.MAP.RPM + KRpm².RPM² + KRpm.RPM

where:
    - Kxxx is the coefficient from the current zone
    - MAP² is MAP squared
    - MAP is MAP
    - RPM is RPM
    - RPM² is RPM squared
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Senior Tuner
    If this is the same Pratio that's usually showing up on compressor maps as Pr, then you can convert MAP (with some help from BARO) to Pr, and use that. The rest would be probably the same.

Which model/year has the Pratio stuff in it?

The C7 from what I saw on the zone mapping boundaries uses Pratio instead of just MAP. In the description it has Pratio described as MAP/Baro=Pratio

I tried to arbitrarily use 99kPa as bar to back calculate map points to populate Bluecats EQ-VE tool and it spits out some crazy VE thats not even plottable. Also tried it using the Pratio values and similar result.

This is why I was wondering if there was a new GMVE equation in the new DI engines so that I could get geared up on learning it. Because I know how well a properly tuned VVE on the Gen4's helped them run as compared to MAF only with stock VVE.
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

The new setups not only use pratio in the boundary table, but as the variable for the equations instead of just the map. So actually the "MAP^2" table for example should be labeled "PRATIO^2" if that helps you make any sense of it. I need just minor stuff to finish the version that supports it. I fixed my software right after all this came out, just never buffed and polished it so to speak. I guess I'm a dime holding up a dollar for not getting it out there yet. I'm not doing anything with the newer stuff yet, but I realize the rest of you are. I was wanting to finish the "all new" version that does multiple ve table/vvt views and exhaust cam values, but that is days of work away, and what you guys need to work with the new ecms with the old program is only a few minutes off. I'll get on the ball.

Version 4.2.1 is now up. Supports the PRatio format.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t-VE-Version-4

Nice! Genius at work right there!
    ShorTuning

any plans for custom os with old fashioned ve tables?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    any plans for custom os with old fashioned ve tables?
    No.

And to answer your next question of "any plans to shoehorn in a virtual ve into the editor software?" the answer to that is yes.

And to answer your next question of "any eta for that?" the answer to that is no.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    No.

And to answer your next question of "any plans to shoehorn in a virtual ve into the editor software?" the answer to that is yes.

And to answer your next question of "any eta for that?" the answer to that is no.
    Haha Thanks Bill. You guy's are kicking ass and taking names as is, keep up the good work.
    ShorTuning