Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Viper Gen3 (JTEC/JTEC+) and Gen4 (Venom) tuning

Advanced Tuner
    So ,Sultan, you are saying that HPT now supports tuning with the Gen 3s?

Tuner in Training
    Please? Any answers? Been waiting 8 years and nothing yet Gen4 and 5 are tuneable? Cmon guys 4 years of Vipers and 3 years of Viper Trucks we're taking about!!!!!
    I'm close to HAVING to invest in SCT because of this!

Today, i had Gen 3 on my dyno to make baseline before any tuning... i tryed to make read, VCMsuite does recognized Viper 2006 SRT10... etc.. i choosed JTEC+ for ECU and it does read it well, but VCM Edit told its just dont have Definition for this file - so it can not be opened. I assume HPT have some Beta-difinition for it???

are you still able to read your viper with the latest release? i was able to read my 02 dakota rt (same type of pcm) on an older release but now i get a message saying "controller unlocker timed out"
    2002 Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T reg cab
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/170stat
    365rwhp & 365ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 12.4@110mph

1998 Pontiac TransAm Ws6
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/160stat
    422rwhp & 400ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 11.6@116mph

2006 Chrysler 300c Srt8
    Whipple 6.5psi/HHP Stage 2 Heads-Cam/Borla/88mmTB/180stat
    580rwhp & 490ft-lbs
    never drag raced

2009 Dodge Viper
    Mopar Performance Race Exhaust & PCM

Advanced Tuner
    Just a BUMP..

C'mon guys, jtec is needed. We also need it to support the Jeep grand Cherokees with the 5.9.. we've waited patiently but I've seriously got customers still waiting for you. Can we bench tune it safely if we have bench harnesses? Last hold up was the writing sequence.. where we at these days??? Let's get an honest response. HP guys please inform us where your at in this day in age.. I was one of the first reads for the ram 1500 5.9, I can see my whole dang tune and cant do anything with it. Frustrating knowing its got a blower and a failed blower ecm and I can't tune the factory ecm for even fuel injectors.. ve tables.. We need answers!!!!

Bump any ETA?

Potential Tuner
    This may seem stranbge but I'll offer my help. I have a stock pcm twin turbo 2006 Viper, and I'm not under any NDAs anymore. I really don't know much about the JTECs but it's all just 1s and 0s in the end. If I can find an old copy of IDA I may even take a look at the file for my car. Would you believe I don't have a single copy of any tuning software anymore If I can help in any way let me know. I do know a little bit about ECMs , flashing, tuning, etc.

David Posea
    Original Owner and Lead Tech, SCT LLC

Advanced Tuner
    I sincerely doubt we will be seeing jtec support on hpt. It's too old at this point and although there is some demand, I don't think there's enough to justify the r&d

Advanced Tuner
    New mpvi2 ..new VCM editor and Still no news on the jtec commiunity cmon what's going on i have several Jeep costumers waiting 3years now ..i don't wana tune no nissans i need jtec Dodge and jeeps

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dlc_racing View Post
    New mpvi2 ..new VCM editor and Still no news on the jtec comunity cmon what's going on i have several Jeep costumers waiting 3years now ..i don't wana tune no nissans i need jtec Dodge and jeeps
    X2 on this theres atleast 20-30 Cherokees and wranglers on my city waiting for the Jtec release cmon guys let us know if it's ever gonna be a jtec suport or do i have to find someone else to buy there stuff i don't need to tune no Nissan too
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico

Tuner in Training
    Yea, I don't understand what takes them so long, I mean reverse engineering is so straight forward and simple ...

;/

Advanced Tuner
    This is garbage. I'm one of the first to send you a jtec file.. Nissan's? Toyotas? Vw/Audi? Really? I don't need any of this crap! I need jtec and jtec+ support!!! How many pcms do I need to send to you to get this to happen? I'm sure plenty are in the junkyard by now!!! We need tunability. This problem should have been solved years ago. Chime in ADMIN ...

Sorry to bump an old thread but the Gen3 Viper support would be enormous for the Viper community. We are running out of good Viper shops, and good tuning shops. I know it is a small subset of the tuner community in terms of revenue to HPT, but we need all the help we can get to keep this beautiful piece of american pride running. I have an 06 Viper if you need any more logging. Or at least please respond to the thread with a yes or no for the development for support so we can stop hoping. I've been following this thread for a while hoping for some good news, but seems to have completely died off

Quote Originally Posted by UntunedGEN3Viper View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread but the Gen3 Viper support would be enormous for the Viper community. We are running out of good Viper shops, and good tuning shops. I know it is a small subset of the tuner community in terms of revenue to HPT, but we need all the help we can get to keep this beautiful piece of american pride running. I have an 06 Viper if you need any more logging. Or at least please respond to the thread with a yes or no for the development for support so we can stop hoping. I've been following this thread for a while hoping for some good news, but seems to have completely died off
    amen ive got an 04 I'd love to play with

Quote Originally Posted by rkrebs27 View Post
    amen ive got an 04 I'd love to play with
    I guess it will never happen...?

Advanced Tuner
    at least i can read an 06 and spend 100 bucks for credits to safe it - but i can not write it to PCM. So there is progress........100 bucks lost just like that

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccrp View Post
    at least i can read an 06 and spend 100 bucks for credits to safe it - but i can not write it to PCM. So there is progress........100 bucks lost just like that
    I don't think there will be an issue refunding the credits and we'll look into why you were able to license it in the first place. Our support tech is working on your ticket.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Bump.. any news on jtecs? would really like to fix a few pcms that have failed over the years for folks.
    Thanks,

Dustin

I have Just read 2006 viper, do I need to send the file to hptuners support ?