Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Viper Gen3 (JTEC/JTEC+) and Gen4 (Venom) tuning

Potential Tuner
    Hi.. Any news about jtec and jtec+ tuning... I have the mpvi2 interface and nothing.. I think just read on gm serial and can bus... But nothing on sci and pci bus of dodge and jeep protocols... Very bad folks

Potential Tuner
    I?ve made an immobilizer delete solution for a 2005 Viper SRT-10 8.3L and would need to delete some fault codes as the engine is going to be retrofitted without some emissions related sensors.

My question is that if I have read AB28F200B5B flash memory from the GEN3 pcm with a Beeprog2 programmer, am I able to modify the firmware with VCM and export it as a complete binary file and write to the flash memory so that checksums are corrected and car starts? I don?t mind if it cannot be read via diagnostics but atleast it would be great to have the PCM firmware modified.

Does datalogging work for JTEC STR10 ? i was able to read and open ecu rom, but not able to datalog anything at all with mpvi2 cable ...

Tuner in Training
    When will we be able to turn off DTC codes for the jtec+? I have customers needing some codes turned off and they don't like the CEL light on.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by arieso94z28 View Post
    When will we be able to turn off DTC codes for the jtec+? I have customers needing some codes turned off and they don't like the CEL light on.

its in the works but no eta currently.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    its in the works but no eta currently.

Bump.....Just checking on this Bill. Still have customers waiting for CEL lights to be turned off.

Potential Tuner
    I would like to help And I have a 2006 in the driveway. I have not ever worked on a dodge pcm though. Do they use a bootloader to read the pcm, or just J1939 stuff?

Potential Tuner
    Any updates on this guys?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vlperformance View Post
    Any updates on this guys?
    Just picked up an 05 Viper and interested in this info also. Been using HPT for many years for all of our C5/6/7 Corvettes

Tuner
    Any update on opening up the DTC table for the jtec ECU?
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

Potential Tuner
    Does anyone have a log file or a basemap I can take a peek at? Would like to see how much timing ppl are running on pump and corn

Potential Tuner
    Has anyone done a srt-10 ram yet? An was it the auto trans (48RE)

Quote Originally Posted by koreanstig View Post
    Does anyone have a log file or a basemap I can take a peek at? Would like to see how much timing ppl are running on pump and corn
    Not sure if you'll see this or already got your answer, but drop me a PM with your email address and I'll show you what I run on 93.

Never tried corn.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Is the map sensor scale being looked at or is it hard coded in the pcm? it would be nice to be able to go beyond 105kpa.

Tuner in Training
    so what's the verdict? Can we write to JTEC+ ecm's or not? The website says 2001 cherokee 4.0L is supported, but the list here on the forum does not show it as supported. And this thread hasn't been updated by tech in 2 years.

I wasted a credit on a Jeep I can't write to. What's the deal guys?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxman View Post
    so what's the verdict? Can we write to JTEC+ ecm's or not? The website says 2001 cherokee 4.0L is supported, but the list here on the forum does not show it as supported. And this thread hasn't been updated by tech in 2 years.

I wasted a credit on a Jeep I can't write to. What's the deal guys?
    I can tell you with certainty that I have tuned my 98 xj with my mpvi2

me too, now my ZJ 5.9 runs on E85, cold start up to 35?F for now

Potential Tuner
    Have a 05 SRT-10 Ram (RC) and looking to try loading the PID's for a Horsepower logger. Tried using the different Torque output channels along with RPMs using the standard user defined math to calculate HP but the torque channels won't display any data. Wondering if due to the 6 speed not having any sensors or just that the ECM doesn't monitor enough sensors to get what I'm looking for.

Anyone out there try this?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpingjoe628 View Post
    Have a 05 SRT-10 Ram (RC) and looking to try loading the PID's for a Horsepower logger. Tried using the different Torque output channels along with RPMs using the standard user defined math to calculate HP but the torque channels won't display any data. Wondering if due to the 6 speed not having any sensors or just that the ECM doesn't monitor enough sensors to get what I'm looking for.

Anyone out there try this?
    trying again since no answer after a week.

Tuner in Training
    Hello everyone. I have a jeep wj 2004 4.7 pcm JTEC+. I turn off p0443 and p0136 p0158, the MIL lamp is off, but there are errors when reading with a scanner. What can be done about it?