Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injector data request: FAST 85 lb/hr #30857

Question Injector data request: FAST 85 lb/hr #30857

I'm trying to get my first tune going and these injectors are killing me. Right now I used the injector data for stock 2010 Camaro SS LS3 injectors, the Bosch "051" injector. I then scaled the flow rates to equal 85 lb/hr @ 58psi. This setup is not working well. The car runs like garbage and is being difficult to tune. Every where I turn, I keep hearing "you need the correct injector data". This makes total sense to me, but to my knowledge, this data doesn't exist.

So I am asking/begging: those of you who have tuned a car with these injectors, can you share the injector data you used? I'd hate to give up and buy different injectors.

Thanks!
    Matt

GM World Class Technician

Tuner
    I use these injectors in my 2010 Camaro with E85. I'd be happy to share with you provided that you understand that my own car is the only one I've ever tuned with HP Tuners (i.e., there may be some funky things). I did not get a chance to do the fine tuning on a dyno though, but will in a couple of months. Do you still want me to share?

Sure. Would love to see your approach.

As of yesterday I tried published injector data from another company's similar sized injector and scaled their flow rate table to equal 85 lb/hr @ 58 psi. The results were great and the car is running better than ever, although this data is not totally correct.
    Matt

Tuner
    Which tables do you want exported?

Flow Rate vs. Press
    Offset vs. Press vs. IGNV
    Short Pulse Adder
    Short Pulse Limit
    Min Injector Pulse

Thanks!
    Matt

Tuner

So it looks like you left the Offset and short pulse adder the same as stock, cut the short pulse limit in half, scaled the flow rate up to 81.2lb/hr @58psi, and reduced the min injector pulse by about 43%. That about right?
    Matt

Tuner in Training
    I think if they are the fast precision flows that fast actually buys their injectors from deatschwerks, (baised off the FAST 65LB) they look the same and they both have the random number on the sides except fast looks as if they just print there logo on it.

Tuner in Training
    These are my values im using for my Fast 85. I may end up going with deatschwerks just so i have a better injector.
    Also my flow rates are scaled 50% due to my gto pcm
    4.00 Short Pulse limit
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ALLR1SE; 02-27-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Thanks for contributing!
    Matt

Greg, thanks for the reply to my thread and my PM.

That is a great publication and a great read with a lot of good info. Really wish I could have read it before I bought FAST injectors :-(

Thanks for your contributions to the performance community!

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Redrilled injectors again? ARE WE STILL DOING THIS?
    But (insert some guy) on LS1tech said they work better than stock.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

I was forced to use deatschworks 65lb injectors on a 2010 Camaro last week. I went ahead and used their data from there website and was pleasantly surprised. the car actually didn't drive that bad. that being said when I have used the same injector without data before, its like pulling teeth, and the mileage and overall feel of the car was crap.
    Owner of Cunningham Motorsports

06 z06
    2016 camaro
    68 Camaro
    2014 e63 amg
    07 LBZ Duramax

I refuse to tune cars anymore running the newer "re-drilled" FAST Injectors. I make them put in some non-drilled versions or send them down the road.

James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

I normally do the same, but it was one of those marketing things for powertv.... I couldn't say no.... got lucky this time...
    Owner of Cunningham Motorsports

06 z06
    2016 camaro
    68 Camaro
    2014 e63 amg
    07 LBZ Duramax

I've not had one style repeat results from car to car. They all need their own hacked data to make a car run right. If you look at the tips on those injectors I swear I think they took a $99 De-Walt and some Kobalt drill bits from Lowes and went to town on them.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    let me know what values work the best for your setup. I may have to copy your injector data if it works better than mine.

Once I find the data that works best for me, I will share it. Cold temps here in the Chicago area have been keeping me from going further on the tune, especially since I run E85. I have been playing around with published injector data from similar injectors and, so far, its going well.
    Matt

Tuner in Training
    Yup im running E85 here also. Have you played around with that data yet?