Thread: Falcon turbo woes

Potential Tuner

Falcon turbo woes

Guys, please be gentle because Im out of my depth posting here but Im hoping somone may be able to shed some light on this issue.

BF XR6 turbo falcon, finally decided to let my tuner give the thing a tickle. Nothing serious just some boost after fitting a high flow cat.

Basically when he is adjusting the duty cycle tables for the boost solenoid, the car isnt seeing any more boost.

The solenoid and mechanicals of the turbo have been checked as have some inlet sensors, all seem to be functioning mechanically as they should.
    Continuity exists between all the solenoid wires and the ecu
    but basically the electrical pulses being sent to the factory solenoid aren’t changing at all as he is changing the duty cycle values.

Unless he is missing a setting in the software that “unlocks” and allows these changes to actaully take place he is suggesting ( as mario did on the phone to him yesty aswell ) that maybe the firm ware in the car isn’t the right one, or the ecu is faulty.

attached is the tune , anybody care to have a gander and suggest anything else?

Im booked in to Fraud 2morro morn to make sure the firmware is current and the right one, but it would be very odd cos the rest of the car functions as it should.
    Be pretty bad luck for the only thing to be rotten is what ever is driving the duty cycle on the boost solenoid
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    What boost is he targetting? The most programmed here is 7.8 psi???

Advanced Tuner
    One of the other guys might have a better idea, but I would force open loop boost control and then see if adjusting the w/gate duty table has no effect.
    There might be some of the factory corrections dropping duty cycle.