Thread: Gong from LS1 to a Brand new 2014 DI motor - help point me in the right direction.

Question Gong from LS1 to a Brand new 2014 DI motor - help point me in the right direction.

Hey guys, I don't post much but I do troll every once in a while when I need a little help and have almost always been able to search and get what I need.

A little background... I have tuned approximately 25 cars, most of which were mine with one custom OS 2.5 bar I believe and feel like I have been pretty successful with what I have done so far. Problem is, I think every Ls car I have tuned has been between 1998 and 2005 with the exceptions of a hand full of DMax's. Needles to say, I have become very comfortable with that tuning style and thought I was at the top of my game until...... I drove a couple of my friends new Silverado's and fell in love. As of Saturday I am the proud new daddy of a 2014 Silverado 1500 and thought that I would jump in and trash my warranty. Well, I'm not afraid to say that I am Lost. Where are the VE tables, where is anything? I can rape the timing table if I want but I already get KR and would like to try to figure out why, but hell... I don't even know what to LOG anymore. I feel like I am starting all over again which doesn't bother me but all these new parameters do have me very apprehensive.

I am a hands on kind of guy but it looks like I may have to do a lot of reading and catching up on these new operating systems. Could somebody please point me in the right direction for some good information related to tuning these new trucks? Also, would anybody be willing to share some good basic config/histogram files for monitoring some of the tables that I will need to be focusing on while I learn how to approach this beast?

Any and I mean any help will be greatly appreciated?
    2014 Silverado 5.3 - New Mod Template

It looks like I'm not getting much help with this, either because its too new or I am asking too much. I'm seeing some similarities between the Gen4 and Gen5 and will go back and do some reading in the Gen4 Sub forum but I'm still open to any and all help, no matter what it is.

Ok, I'm obviously talking to myself... Lol but I just wanted to say THANK YOU BLUECAT! After buying this truck I certainly can't afford to send you much but I would definitely buy you a beer and even dry hump your leg right now. I have been in the dark so long and never even ventured into the gen4 stuff. Well I have gotten over that hill and into the tunnel, I'm not going to claim to see the light yet but I know it's there.

This is just a note for the new tuners on here... I may not have gotten much help in this thread but to those that get a little discouraged, the info is here, sometimes you just need to dig a little.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    ALOT of the information written here https://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_ed...vanced_e78.htm also applies to the E92 pcm(similar logic).
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Yeah, that's an excellent write up, I read it a half dozen times now and as I log and watch how my truck reacts to certain input, I start seeing it all come together. I will log for weeks before I ever start tuning, I have to know how it all works before I get comfortable changing values. I may actually break down and buy some good tuning how-to's if I can find some directly related to the later Gen4 and Gen5 stuff nuts it's really not as difficult as I once thought, now that I don't have to do a crap load of math thanks to bluecat.

i am in the same spot as you my friend .
    thanks bill by the way the link you shared is very informative it helps you understand how the torque system works, i was under the assumption that no matter how hard you dig in the internet without the tuning school courses and books you will never be able to be a tuner,but now i think i just may be able to ,if you ever come across this old thread if you posses any kind of info about these gen v share it in here newbie tuners will always try to come to these first pages to learn from previous threads so it would be very useful specially any tips and info about the idle tuning since its all over the place from speed reserve and external load tables all the way to the virtual torque tables its all over the place we need a russk confg for these gen5 idle tuning.