Thread: Hp vs that other brand..

Hp vs that other brand..

Quick question to all..
    I have a '06 holden commodore E38 /L98 6.0ltr ..(which I didn't see in the supported list)
    I already have another brand of tuner and was told to investigate into purchasing a hp tuner pro kit.
    Ive had a bit of a look through the threads but nothing has exactly given me anything to really make my mind up to purchase the kit.
    Basically Im trying to work out exactly what the Hp pro kit will (and won't) provide me for my application i.e.: what features will and won't work with my car?
    All help appreciated thanks .
    Last edited by justinaxe; 02-27-2014 at 06:12 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Make sure to download our demo software at www.hptuners.com which includes several sample files so you can try before you buy.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Make sure to download our demo software at www.hptuners.com which includes several sample files so you can try before you buy.
    I will definitely have a look , it just seems that the "other brand" will happily share tuning tips/support/developement etc.. with certain diesel applications and obviously the more popular LS engine config's, but as its been put to me before
    the L98 and E38 combo is a limited market is what it is and I sort of was looking for a quick list of what this product can and can't do in comparison to the other before my purchase… What can I say I'm lazy

my advice is to purchase thru our local dealer in Australia, Mario is a top guy and personal friend of mine. If you have any problems him and his team will help you out. He also conducts training courses locally. There's nothing really different about the early E38's, tuning the L76 is the same as the later ones.

http://www.vcm-suite.com.au/
    I count sheep in hex...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by justinaxe View Post
    I will definitely have a look , it just seems that the "other brand" will happily share tuning tips/support/developement etc.. with certain diesel applications and obviously the more popular LS engine config's, but as its been put to me before
    the L98 and E38 combo is a limited market is what it is and I sort of was looking for a quick list of what this product can and can't do in comparison to the other before my purchase… What can I say I'm lazy
    The honest truth is both are very similar in features, the biggest difference really comes down to MPVI Pro and comes with 8 credits which is enough to tune up to 4 vehicles ($649) vs. their V2 with 2 licenses ($900+)

Add to that single vcm licenses with our software is $99.98 vs them at $125 so even after initial cost you are paying 25% more each time you tune a vehicle.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks very much to both of you for your help… Just had a look at that link provided and I may just give them a call and look into a 1 day course ..
    Thanks again