Thread: Checkout this comment

Checkout this comment

Using HPTuners or EFILive and a wideband oxygen sensor (e.g. LC-1, PLX, Autronic, Tech Edge, etc...) you can perform an "automated" VE tune which is a very easy procedure and produces very good results.

I saw this on another Site, how well could this actually work?
    "A wise man once said that it is better to remain silent and appear ignorant, rather than speak and remove doubt".

it works like a champ

we call it SD tuning EFI calls it autotune...

its using AFR error % to correct the VE and the MAF.

its the most accurate way to get fueling in line...

when you get questions...just shoot me a note...
    I'll help you out tex...
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    yeah calling it "autotune" is more of a marketing thing for the beginning crowd it seems like. Kinda makes it sound like an "autopilot" feature for their tuning software doesnt it?

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

Tuner

autotune

Another option may be on the market soon. It is related to real time tuning where you effectively plug in a special pcm, then plug your pcm back in and drive around and the car is tuned as you drive.Should be of considerable interest to quite a few enthusiasts.

Advanced Tuner
    ahhh that just takes the fun out of it! I like worrying myself as to whether or not i am gonna get this damn thing figured out!
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

Advanced Tuner
    I have personally used a true autotune system, was on a honda vtec engine, the software automatically applies corections to the base fuel tables via an emualtor, works very smoothly. In order for this to work on an ls1 pcm you have to access the flash memory directly (as in replace it with an emulator). Is possible but not for the weak hearted.
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Quote Originally Posted by rattle
    I have personally used a true autotune system, was on a honda vtec engine, the software automatically applies corections to the base fuel tables via an emualtor, works very smoothly. In order for this to work on an ls1 pcm you have to access the flash memory directly (as in replace it with an emulator). Is possible but not for the weak hearted.
    its already in beta testing for LS1's...
    I talked to craig moates about it for a while one day...it really seemed interesting and he seems to be having good success with it... but it does involve a computer replacement to do the actual tuning..then you read and flash tune to your stock PCM...
    kind of pricey too right now..but for the right person with the right money...it would be well worth it after they get all the bugs worked out....

there are still things that have to be set up before hand on every car..but for the most part...its doing the tuning for you.....
    kind of takes all the fun out of it if you ask me.. I'd compare it to the guy who buys an automatic..vs the guy that likes the stick cause he feels like he's driving the car instead of just steering a fast hunk of metal...LOL
    -Scott -