Thread: Beginner 6L80E tuner, looking for some imput

Tuner in Training

Beginner 6L80E tuner, looking for some input

I have a G8 GT with 3.27s which I've already re-calibrated the trans for, and dialed in using bluecats program. I've been doing very little changes to the normal shift patterns because I want a stock like feeling, but I've been playing with the special shift patterns because I want that as my track mode. I want to work on the shift time and pressure now. I change the 2-3 and 3-4 normal shift times, and the 1-2,2-3,3-4,4-5,5-6 in special. I decreased all the numbers across the board in the shift time inertia adder(special) tables that correspond with the shifts that I changed. I decrease all the numbers by 15%. I left the normal shift time inertia adder tables alone for now. When it comes to the base shift pressure how do I go about changing them based off of the decreased shift times. Should I decrease the normal 2-3 and 3-4 inertia adder tables by 15% too? Lastly, I'm confused by the inertia factor profile tables, what exactly do these do and how should they be changed. This car is my daily and I don't want the trans to die prematurely because of bad tuning. I attached my current tune file that I'm working on. Any input would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by spina74; 03-06-2014 at 06:07 AM.