Thread: Fan control issues, both turning on at the same time

Tuner in Training

Fan control issues, both turning on at the same time

Crap, I just noticed this is the wrong forum. Apologies

Vehicle is a 2000 S-10 pickup with a 5.3L Vortec LM7. The harness is from Current Performance Wiring in Florida which was built to include 2 fan pigtails with inline relays (one per fan) and inline fuses (one per fan). The fans are from Summit Racing, they're dual fans in a single housing with independent wiring.

I've attached my tune to see if anyone can check for inconsistencies. I set the recirc option to 'Fan 2' and have very different fan temperature settings for each fan. The trouble is they both kick on at the same time. They also never turn off because the steady state idle temperature seems to be around 201. The ECM part number is 9354896, do these have any issues with controlling 2 fans? I'm new to this type of tuning so I may have screwed something up. If it's relevant, the harness is built for A/C but I do not have any A/C equipment installed, so I'm wondering if any of the pressure settings are screwing me up.

I intend to call CPW tomorrow and ask about how they typically do this but I thought I might try here first. If I can't control them independently I might go for an external fan controller because the truck sounds like a jet turbine when both are spun up.

New ECM 2014_03_09 MAF and VE Changes from HPT repo.hpt
    Last edited by gallonoffuel; 03-09-2014 at 03:24 PM.