Thread: 2 Bar Tune VE Not Working

Potential Tuner

2 Bar Tune VE Not Working

I'm working on a 2002 Camaro with a 2 bar OS. The problem its having is that when I make changes to the VE nothing happens. I took out 60% and no change in the air/fuel ratio. I think its not going into SD mode. Ive search on here and have see the MAF problem with the DTC and I followed the HP tuners guide to the 2 bar OS as well. Ive done that and still the same thing. I believe I have my injector data right too. If anybody can look over the tune to see if I'm missing something I would appreciate it.

The motor is a 408 w/ a Procharger f1a and ID1000s on a return style fuel system set at 58 psi.
    Attached Files Attached Files

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    With the tune you have in there the vehicle wouldn't start if you WERENT in speed density mode.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Okay so it in SD. Why wont the air/fuel ratio change when I change the VE table? Sorry I should of said in my first post that the air/fuel ratio is not changing in open loop when I change the VE table. I took out 60% and no change in the air/fuel ratio. One other thing I do have a AEM wideband on it. Maybe there something I'm missing. I would appreciate any help. I've been trying to figure it out for 3 day now and nothing.

Tuner in Training
    Is it just at idle that's an issue? If so its probably that the fuel>Transient>Min Fuel Milligrams needs to be lowered with injectors that big. I have never personally had to do it, but from what I've seen/read this setting is basically a limit of how small an injector pulse can be. There is a thread on this somewhere.
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "cam only"
    228/232 110 cam, 10° overlap @.050" lift
    Edelbrock stepped headers, ORY, hooker catback

Advanced Tuner
    Also a new tuner. I don't see an error in your file.
    Is the WB logging with the scanner?
    What area of the table are you tweaking?
    Are you using histograms? Or are you trying RTT?
    Why a 60% tweak?
    I don't have rtt as an option with my 3 bar os.
    Btw, I have the same injectors set at 50 base pressure. I have the transient fuel milligrams set to .008. No issues with tuning idle.

Where did you get your base VE table?

Ron
    Last edited by RonSSnova; 03-17-2014 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Adding to it

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by david_viny View Post
    Is it just at idle that's an issue? If so its probably that the fuel>Transient>Min Fuel Milligrams needs to be lowered with injectors that big. I have never personally had to do it, but from what I've seen/read this setting is basically a limit of how small an injector pulse can be. There is a thread on this somewhere.
    No it just not at idle. The air/fuel ratio will not change when I rev it up to 2000. It just stay the same no mater what VE I put in. These are the biggest injectors that I have tune for so evey bit of info helps to get this problem and tune dialed in. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RonSSnova View Post
    Also a new tuner. I don't see an error in your file.
    Is the WB logging with the scanner?
    What area of the table are you tweaking?
    Are you using histograms? Or are you trying RTT?
    Why a 60% tweak?
    I don't have rtt as an option with my 3 bar os.
    Btw, I have the same injectors set at 50 base pressure. I have the transient fuel milligrams set to .008. No issues with tuning idle.

Where did you get your base VE table?

Ron
    Yes the WB is logging with the scanner. I was tweaking the idle and up to 2000rpm area but when I wasn't see any changes I decide to pull 60% just to see if I could get it to run lean or not run at all and nothing changed. I'm using the histograms no RTT. I cant get the RTT to work and I havent really looked into it if it work with the 2 bar OS. All have to change the transient fuel milligrams and see what happens. But its just weird that I not see any changes even when I'm at 2000 rpms. I built the base VE table off the one that was in the car before the supercharger and new engine where installed.

I just wanted to start off by posting the base tune to see if there was something wrong or something I missed. All post up some log as soon as I can.

Advanced Tuner
    What is the AFR reading?
    Have you tried the vcm controls and move the AFR around with it?
    A 60% change would likely kill the engine.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSSnova View Post
    What is the AFR reading?
    Have you tried the vcm controls and move the AFR around with it?
    A 60% change would likely kill the engine.
    The AFR are around 12.3 in open loop and I cant get it to change with the vcm controls. If I put it in closeed loop it will change but its having to take out 20% on the LT.

Potential Tuner
    Got it. It was the transient fuel milligrams. I set it to .008 and now the vcm controls are working and the VE too. I've been looking into transient fueling on here and thats going to help alot with tuning in the future. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Good deal. Give David V credit for that.
    Might also check your injector offset table. It didn't match mine. Further reading revealed that it needs to be different still if you are running a vac/boost referenced fuel pressure regulator. Table is changed much like the injector flow rate table. Search for referenced fuel pressure regulator

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...referenced+fpr
    Last edited by RonSSnova; 03-20-2014 at 01:11 PM. Reason: added HPT link