Thread: 02 lb7 tune causing issues? please read

Potential Tuner

02 lb7 tune causing issues? please read

this tune was loaded into my truck by somebody who charged me a considerable amount of money. looking for "experts" or even anybody who knows what they are looking at more than I do, to read this file and explain to me if its proper or if its a mess like I believe it is. The guy is well known in the area for messing peoples stuff up, and of course i found this out afterward.

I just picked up HP and have minimal experience with the program, there's plenty of things I have some knowlege about, but I'm no pro tuner and simply wanted the ability to flash another tune into this truck, as well as my 03 half ton chevy with a 6.0 swap which he also tuned (more on that later). any input is much appreciated! thanks!lesters tune 02 duramax lb7.hpt hopefully it works

Senior Tuner
    He cranked up your fuel pressure and almost doubled your injector pulse width without modifying your boost tables. An LB7 is hard code limited for boost and requires a boost fooler or something to that effect, but you can still massage the tables. Looks like all that thing is going to do is smoke alot. Find a stock tune, copy back stock parameters, find the how to section at top of diesel for timing calculator, then google the mcrat 20/20 tune. You will be much happier with the results.

Potential Tuner
    im actually having issues with the truck since he loaded this into it. there's a " stock 02 lb7 tune" on the tune repository on here, i've saved it and plan on loading that in as soon as i go through and learn how to license the truck properly. honestly, the truck really doesnt smoke much at all compared to many i've seen, and it seems to be way down on power. i'm definitely having other issues which may be related to this tune being loaded, because they came up right after he did this.

I know the LB7 was plagued with injector problems and adding more stress to a high milage injector usually resulted in them failing.
    1968 Chevy C10 SWB - Project
    2018 Denali L5P