Thread: LS3/LS7 Maf sensor dropping signal at wot

Tuner in Training

LS3/LS7 Maf sensor dropping signal at wot

Hey everyone,

I just installed an LS3/LS7 card style maf sensor into my camaro. The car is a 1999 H/c/i ls3 stroker 6 speed car with 42lb Ford green tops. I am using the Banish injector data for the injectors. I just recently installed this new sensor as I had been running solely in SD and decided to put a MAF back on the car. I also put a screen before the MAF to ensure the sensor is reading a straight airflow path.

As I began tuning the car I rechecked my VE tables and everything was fine and the car ran as it should. Switched over to the OLMAF tuning, part throttle appeared to be ok. As I began working my way up to WOT stuff I noticed rather apparent hesitations through the rpms range and thought it was solely due to the new MAF needing to be recalibrated. I continued to make adjustments and felt I was getting closer and closer. I reviewed some of my logs and noticed I was now getting 4* of knock retard when at WOT (which was not present in the VE tuning), the MAF signal is dropping randomly and the injector duty cycle appears to be following the activity of the MAF sensor.

Here is a log of a quick WOT blast in 3rd gear to give you an idea of what's going on. By the way all the wiring for the new sensor is soldered. Please take a look at the log and tune and let me know what you guys think may be my issue.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tigre_loco; 03-24-2014 at 07:39 PM.