Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: LNF PID Tables

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Again that is an effect of the hard reset after flashing. BYT and GMT have both verified that the knock sensors have a learn process which is why you initially see kr at the beginning but later under the same conditions there is nothing 30 minutes into the file.
    I normally put a drive cycle of 10 to 15 min in, then either decipher the knock learn period or discard that file completely after using it to verify no immediate problems.

After a flash I watched my personal car knock like it was broken under solid state load then over time as it sat there under load it suddenly went full commanded timing. (Usually withing about 5 minutes or a few dynamic pulls)
    Yes you read that side note correctly. If you flash a file and immediately go to a dynamic wot pull for wot testing you will most likely see an ignition dip on one or two runs then after that the rest on the same file are commanded timing as long as you calibrated it all accurately. This learn can screw your 3 run dyno session. One base run, a new flash which ruins run 2, and if your lucky it's finished it's learning by run 3 and you get okay numbers. You really need like 5 runs after a flash so you can discard the second and third one and have two good ones to average out with.

Tuner
    Am I wrong thinking that this learning thing can effect more than timing? I feel I've noticed on the WGDC too. Maybe I'm loosing it. lol

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i haven't read up or tested that control device after a reset but i would assume its getting controlled to verify its response in circuit testing and/or smog test function.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner
    Couple of quick notes from trying what you had suggested Jimmy, 1st the OT table at 100% from 100 - 200 made the car run quite a bit different. Seemed like the turbo was trying to spool way harder than needed, and the car was not too happy about it. Plus it didn't change anything on the ignition timing. This morning I just added 1 deg more of spark to the main spark tables and sure enough the car went one deg higher. Just appears that at WOT the car is always about 4 deg lower than what my tables ask for.
    '07 Solstice GXP. Mods - Tune, IC, CP, catless DP, ported intake manifold, ported TB, ported Head on the intake side, catback, K&N CAI, LV front brace, WERKS backbone, HPS pads up front, and HP+ pads in the read.

Advanced Tuner
    Was worth a try....I'm spooling an EFR6758 so my results with the OT table may be different than yours.

When you added 1 degree to the MS tables, did you change the urgency of the OS tables or leave them as is? Just curious what might happen if you change just the OS tables by adding another 4 or 5 degrees.

Tuner
    Yeah, I can imagine spooling that thing is quite a bit different. I want one! ha

I did not.. I was curious to see what would happen. BUT I added another degree and compensated in the OS tables, will try tonight.
    As for adding 5 deg to the OS tables, tried that with no effect.
    '07 Solstice GXP. Mods - Tune, IC, CP, catless DP, ported intake manifold, ported TB, ported Head on the intake side, catback, K&N CAI, LV front brace, WERKS backbone, HPS pads up front, and HP+ pads in the read.

Advanced Tuner
    You guys are thread jacking a post about PID tables to troubleshoot a timing issue.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM173 View Post
    You guys are thread jacking a post about PID tables to troubleshoot a timing issue.
    Good to see ya back Mike. Yes your right about thread jacking. You didn't mention how sad it is that the person who started this thread with some good info took it off, not to mention the other threads he took his info off of.
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't left I just haven't helped anyone openly through here.

I did take the info down, and I have my reasons. Nothing I say will make anyone happy I did so I'd rather not argue about it (not saying you want to). I just posted because the thread should stay on topic so people can still learn.

Tuner
    I'll move my timing stuff elsewhere then, sorry about the thread jack! Plus I think that my PID settings are pretty close now due to this thread. Hooray!