Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: LNF PID Tables

Ok I knew you were doing something way wrong lol. You can export to Excel and note the start/finish of the 4th gear pull. Delete all other data except for a single 4th gear pull. I should have been more specific.

Those numbers sound more realistic. As a comparison I'm seeing 325whp/378wtq on 110 octane. About 10-15 whp and 25wtq loss for every 10 octane points dropped.

Advanced Tuner
    I know I can easily peg 400whp with this setup and will do so in the near future. What I'm not sure of with VD is the torque as it follows the same line as the WHP which doesn't seem right. What numbers did you come up with using my log?

Haven't checked yet. I'll hop on it when I swing home

I pulled the data from your first 4th gear pull and it showed you making 1500+ hp. Very weird. Double checked my 100 octane pull and it was fine. Looked like a real dyno lol. I think the column data may need to be juggled around.

One other thing, didn't see whether you had the stock bottom end or not. But, if you do you're going to send the ring lands to the moon boosting that high.

Advanced Tuner
    It is the stock bottom end. Just going by others that have setups running more efficient turbos like I am and running the same or even more boost on stock bottom ends. I always thought it was heat and detonation that killed them, not so much the actual boost pressure.

Going off what has been posted over the years, the common theme is that 25psi is max boost the stock ring lands can handle. Run max 24psi to be on the safe side. I run a flat 23psi on the road race car with no problems.

Advanced Tuner
    I hear ya. I've been running those pressures now for close to 6 months but I also have to run a bit more at my altitude (3700ft) to get the same benefit of those closer to sea level. I could always lower it and raise timing to compensate but I've got way too much going on now to even think of touching anything.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you running the stock turbo Bill?

Yeah. Only one that's legal for my class. I may upgrade if I jump up one class. But, then I have to run a 44mm restrictor.

Tuner
    Well, Here is where my tune / logs stand at this point. I'm pretty happy overall, but still am at a loss as to why my commanded WG and spark don't go to where they are supposed to go. But, I was able to compensate for this by just adding more spark, and I don't know that I'd actually be able to get more boost / airflow with more wastegate. Car pulls pretty strong overall, still has a little KR here and there at the 2500 RPM level which I dont know what to think about. Outside of actually messing with the PIDs, what do you guys think of this tune?

10-27-14 drive home.hpl
    10-27-14 - Good Tune.hpt
    '07 Solstice GXP. Mods - Tune, IC, CP, catless DP, ported intake manifold, ported TB, ported Head on the intake side, catback, K&N CAI, LV front brace, WERKS backbone, HPS pads up front, and HP+ pads in the read.

If you care about power and not too worried about cruise mpg, work on the cam tables. Can get significant gains before touching PID's. Cruise mpg will be close to the same with a very light foot but suffer on hills.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...uot-cam-timing

Can knock the timing down a degree or two in spots where it pops up.

edit: also get rid of the 100% WGDC @ 100% pedal below 3k rpm. Hand smooth entire WGDC table so that there are no sharp peaks or abrupt transitions. This will contribute to kr being triggered.
    Last edited by codename Bil Doe; 10-29-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Tuner
    Well that is mighty interesting on the cams.. mine were way off, even on your mileage version.
    '07 Solstice GXP. Mods - Tune, IC, CP, catless DP, ported intake manifold, ported TB, ported Head on the intake side, catback, K&N CAI, LV front brace, WERKS backbone, HPS pads up front, and HP+ pads in the read.

Tuner
    Just as an FYI I did smooth the wastegate table out, and went to your Increased midrange tq with mileage, but not the full blown "race tune" yet for the cams. Will experiment tonight. Pretty pumped as the torque on this thing is already pretty stellar.

There are multiple methods and approaches to doing cams. This is just mine. Several other people have taken other approaches. It's whatever you find works best.

Tuner
    After doing my cam, spark, and WG smoothing I actually lost a bit of power on the 3rd gear pull it looks like. Honestly felt a bit more rough as well. Some KR popped up on my 4th gear pull, so I'll be dropping a smidge of timing through there as well.

10-29-14-drive home.hpl
    Stock 2007 GXP - 3bar - 10-28-14 - Cam Changes - Spark Changes.hpt

Tuner
    Well, I'm a big fan of brining up old threads from the dead so here goes!

I decided to do a re-tune, fuelling wise for a new intake I put on the car a few weeks ago. That went fairly smooth with no real surprises, but I noticed that my desired boost had some interesting things happening. So, I decided to start messing with the PID controller and the Opti tables again. The first issue I saw was that the desired boost does NOT follow what I am entering in the editor. It is close, but you can really see that it tends to deviate, especially at high RPM. Even after messing around, I haven't had success fixing this. My second issue is lower RPM desired boost oscillation which I've already had good luck reducing. The images I attached were from last night's run, and with a bit of fiddling around this was further reduced this morning.

I suppose let me know what you guys think overall, this tune is a lot better that previous ones in terms of pretty much everything. Way low KR, smooth strong power delivery, and no over boosting. Just doing detail work now!

One other quick note, I recently changed jobs and actually have now met all the guys that came up with the original Solstice Cal, GMPP cal, and the Racing cal. Getting a better idea on what tables we are missing, and potentially other fun things we can do to our LNFs.

8-18-15 drive home work2.hpl
    Dips.JPG
    PID Controller.JPG
    K&N Update MAF Tuning - Step 3 - econ8 - PID Changes.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I didn't look at the tune but out of curiousity, how much boost are you running? I see 32.5psi and climbing in the second log pic and negative timing. Your desired boost looked better in the first log pic.

Tuner
    Oh! for whatever reason I cant get that to subtract ambient pressure.. so really that is just 32.5 - 14.7 = 17.8 Psi. - just a stock turbo on this guy.

Advanced Tuner
    Okay that's good. [PID.2238.PSI]-[PID.51.PSI] is what I use for boost pressure. Are you planning to turn the boost up anytime soon?