Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: LNF PID Tables

Tuner
    Quick thought.. I noticed that the x axis on the graph is very narrow, 1.5, 2.9, 4.4, and 5.8 as the pressure delta. Wouldn't we be better off changing the x axis to be something like 5, 10, 15, 20? I mean I want high P values at high pressure differentials, but a lower P value at low pressure differentials somewhat how the stock tables do it. Maybe a better questions would be, what happens when we change the X values of the tables..
    '07 Solstice GXP. Mods - Tune, IC, CP, catless DP, ported intake manifold, ported TB, ported Head on the intake side, catback, K&N CAI, LV front brace, WERKS backbone, HPS pads up front, and HP+ pads in the read.

Try it and find out. Just remember it's pressure delta not pressure. You'll never see a delta of 20psi in the reference time of the table.
    Last edited by codename Bil Doe; 09-16-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Tuner
    Well, gave it a shot, and honestly it worked alright. Being that it is a pressure delta, you could theoretically hit 20 psi. However, probably not often enough to make that value useful. I'm thinking 1, 4, 8, and 12 are going to be better. Trying that in the AM tomorrow. Below is my tune and log from tonight. Easily the best the car has felt yet, and much less KR than I usually see.

I do have some reasoning for why I want to change the x values on the PID controller. IMO a "3D" table should be used to make the car drive smoother. I guess we will have to see how it goes. one other questions: is the EGT and Lambda calculated or doe we truly have an on board EGT sensor and wideband?

9-16-14 drive home.hpl
    09-16-14 93 Oct3.hpt
    '07 Solstice GXP. Mods - Tune, IC, CP, catless DP, ported intake manifold, ported TB, ported Head on the intake side, catback, K&N CAI, LV front brace, WERKS backbone, HPS pads up front, and HP+ pads in the read.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you need to figure out what pressure delta you physically can hit and overshoot it by 3 psi. then scale the rest accordingly to retain clarity. good luck
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Can't talk about pressure delta without knowing period. 1Hz very different than 10000Hz. Without out period it's guess and check results to see what works best much like rest of the reference tables.

HM- keep experimenting and let us know what you find. I'll check the newest logs. EGT is calculated.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i never said it would be easy.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Hockey- check your pm. Found a major difference in what I think may be another ref table

Tuner
    Todays tune and log.

lunch.hpl
    09-17-14 93 Oct.hpt

Last pm most important.

Tuner

Tuner
    Lunch time logs. First log has a good wot pull, second is just toodling around town.

lunch 9-18.hpllunch2 9-18.hpl

Tuner
    09-18-14 93 Oct.hpt

-Latest at greatest tune..

Tuner
    Latest and greatest log.. has some knock :/ I've revised with the modded DAL tables Bill, and pulled more wastegate out (again)

9-18-14 drive home.hpl

Tuner
    Annnnnnnnnd again.

Notice around 5:56, I try to hold the pedal constant and the car is surging like an idiot lol.. I just want partial boost damnit!

09-19-14 93 Oct.hpt
    9-19 Lunch.hpl

Found a multiplier table you have changed that's requesting 200% of available torque. The table exists on 2007's and not 2009's. Before I had been referencing my 09 to compare with. Check your pm.

Tuner

Tuner
    Ok, Something is certainly messed up. This morning when I drove into work (without changing the tune) I had cruise control on and pressed the accelerate button. car started accelerating, and then the engine died. The gauge cluster lit up like crazy with the check engine light, service ESC message, ESC off message, power reduced message, and service PCM message. I pulled over, read the code and it was..... Then re-started the car and it drove like normal.. a bit odd for sure.

Anyway, here is my log and current state of tune. As you can see something is way off as no matter what I adjust the ECM commands max boost whenever I cross that 22% throttle pedal mark. It does NOT increase fuel and airload, so I've been running lean as Bill has observed. Not fun.

9-23-14 drive home.hpl
    09-23-14 93 Oct.hpt

Nope that's totally normal lol. I think MikeM figured it's an ecu issue with commanded versus actual pedal position. Don't use cruise control. =)

Dump those sensors and go back to the stock 2bar. They're fine for 22-23psi. Except for spark tables a little high from 20-60% load and 2500-4500 rpm range, your tune isn't the issue. There is a bad sensor somewhere. Start by going back to the stock sensors.

Advanced Tuner
    Mine was doing the same thing and Mike lowered the optimum spark and optimum torque in the cruise area (30 to 60% load and 2000-2500rpm) and the cruise control works just as it should now. Mine always seemed to kick out and reduce power and flash messages right at the 70mph speed so if I cruised at 68mph it was fine but once it hit 70, it was like hitting a wall. While I don't use the cruise control much, my wife might and I'd hate for her to have a problem and freak out.
    Last edited by JimmyS; 09-24-2014 at 12:25 PM.

I remember he had a solution to that. Hockeyman is having some other issue that can't be tune related because he's running the same tune I've used on multiple cars. It's either a sensor or ecu issue commanding full boost with no transition from part throttle. I only came across this issue with prop gain too high when I was testing the PG limits.