Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: LNF PID Tables

Tuner
    Interesting.. That explains it somewhat because it only got worse over time.
    '07 Solstice GXP. Mods - Tune, IC, CP, catless DP, ported intake manifold, ported TB, ported Head on the intake side, catback, K&N CAI, LV front brace, WERKS backbone, HPS pads up front, and HP+ pads in the read.

Problem solved! Just copy all the tables over. All the numbers still good. Holy F this was driving me crazy.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Well you have to save as off of the factory file then transfer the desired numbers Into that new save as file. Delete the corrupt file when done

Yup that's what I told him to do in pm (minus the corrupt file part).

Tuner
    So, had another interesting discovery today. I went ahead and copied and pasted all of my tune settings over like you guys suggested. Went out and drove, and sure enough the same issues came back. Drove it for a while and observed everything, and the car was not happy at all. Tons of constant KR, fuel econ dropped off, same 22% max desired boost, and eventually it threw a check engine light for misfire and a faulty crank position sensor. Not sure what is up with the crank position sensor, that is a new problem. Anyway stopped the car, and flashed back to the tune I was using in the morning, and boom everything goes back to normal. Therefore something is effed up in tune, and not anything that I was messing with. Below is my tune and log from today that was messed up. Some general observations I have when comparing the stock tune to the tuner company's tune:

1. The MAF calibration is different in a real big way.. like at 500,000 - 10,000 Hz the values are up to 30 points different
    2. The "Max Torque" Table in the TM - general - Max Torque area is all 100% in the custom tune and have a gradient in the stock tune.. not sure what this table is.
    3. The "Pressure RPM" Table in the TM - Turbo - Desired Boost area is significantly different. 6.0 across the board for the custom tune and a lower gradient for the stock tune
    4. The "Brake Torque Limit" is 100% for the custom, and 50% for the stock tune.

10-13-14 drive home.hpl
    Stock 2007 GXP - 3bar - 10-13-14 - with opti.hpt
    '07 Solstice GXP. Mods - Tune, IC, CP, catless DP, ported intake manifold, ported TB, ported Head on the intake side, catback, K&N CAI, LV front brace, WERKS backbone, HPS pads up front, and HP+ pads in the read.

make one change at a time then log that way youll know exactly what change makes it mess up.
    2008 Sky RL

2007 LNF tune is VERY different from any other. Cannot flash any other year to it. GM is really good about doing stuff like that (see: 1998 LS1 Camaro bricked ecu)

1) That is correct for a 2007. I also have a 2009. MAF freq is way different.

2) That table can be set to 100%. Torque limiting table

3) Someone probably modified this table thinking it was a limiting table. It may or may not be a reference table for several others (I have no idea). I've never touched this table. No need to. Here are the numbers I have for my '07. These are most likely stock:

2.200 2.600 2.600 2.700 3.150 3.050 2.650 2.550

Seeing how they're scaled my guess is that they may be very important for other reference tables.

4) 100% is fine for EGT, brake torque limit and the limit table.

Tuner
    Ok, signs point to the MAF frequency. However, my #3) values are as follows from the stock tune: 2.20007 2.20007 2.45007 2.70007 3.10107 2.90002 2.56995 2.37000

Then set yours back to stock. When doing all of your previous mods are you saying that the MAF freq in the tunes you were working with never went up to 500k? If so, someone gave you a canned tune without understanding the difference between the first year LNF ecu and others.

Tuner
    Yea, it is back to stock now, and I'm in the process of re-calibrating it as well as slowly bringing all the other parameters back to what we had them at to see if there is another issue in there. So far, all signs point to MAF frequency. I have everything changed except the Opti Torque and PID controller settings, and it is running great right now.

Tuner
    lol, so true. Oh and we make and drink a crap to of beer.

Tuner
    Anyone have a good reason why commanded boost would drop off after 4750 RPM here? My tune has the waste gate duty cycle aggressively increasing to 100% from 4500 RPM. Opti torque is 100% in those areas and so DALs are 255+

Advanced Tuner
    What is your Pressure RPM table set to now? I set mine up similar to Bill's with the exception of the higher RPM numbers as mine increase .1 point rather than decrease. So instead of having 2.200 2.600 2.600 2.700 3.150 3.050 2.650 2.550, mine would be 2.200 2.600 2.600 2.700 3.150 3.250 3.350 3.450 (These aren't my actual numbers as I don't have my computer with me today but they are pretty close and mine used to be set to 6.0 across the board not too long ago.

If I want to raise my boost pressure, I typically raise both the Pressure RPM table (usually .1 point at a time and increase the wastegate duty cycle (1.0 points at a time). Usually .1 point increase to the Pressure RPM table and 1.0 increase to the wastegate duty cycle table nets me 1psi. I'm running the WR3 turbo so your results may vary.

Tuner
    Oh, that is quite interesting.. I didnt know what the Pressure RPM table did! I wiill try that. Thanks Jimmy.

- here is mine now: 2.2001 2.2001 2.4501 2.7001 3.1011 2.9000 2.5699 2.3700

On the stock turbo I haven't had to change those numbers and can hold a flat 23psi to 6500 with WGDC in the low 80% range at the most. MikeM and I have found like what JimmyS is saying that every turbo setup requires different PID, WGDC, and other table adjustments. Even stock vs stock ecu's need to be customized for each setup.

HM - post a log and tune.

Tuner
    Close to the beginning you can see a very long 3rd gear pull.. Right at 4750ish there is a sharp change in the acceleration

10-16-14 drive home.hpl
    Stock 2007 GXP - 3bar - 10-16-14.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I never had the opportunity to tune the stock turbo on my setup. I originally had the Trifecta tune and immediately wanted more so when I bought HP Tuners and started tuning with a "professional" tuner with the WR3 turbo, overboosting was the first big problem I had. WGDC was set to 100 and Pressure RPM to 6.0 across the board and if I didn't take my foot out of it, I could have easily went well above 40psi.

WGDC, PID, DAL's, Pressure RPM all work together along with other tables and I've slowly learned how to get them dialed in to where I want them. I've used 2 different tuners after getting HP Tuners and have learned quite a bit from each of them (more from the second one) and have my setup running great. My WGDC is in the low 80's on the high range and I'm currently holding a conservative 27psi to redline and taking the time now to enjoy the car and life.

Come spring time I will retune for E47 and try not to break something.... Currently running E28 with 20* timing up top and the car pulls very hard. It wouldn't have happened without this site and a few of the more knowledgable people helping along the way like yourself (Bill) and MikeM. Thanks!

Tuner
    Holy hell that is a lot of boost and timing. That thing must scream! What kind of numbers are you putting down on the dyno?

In an unrelated note I still cant get my damn timing to follow the spark tables it is always at least 4 deg retarded above 4000 RPM vs what I command it to do. Also running 20 deg over in the opti spark tables.

Don't thank me. Thank GMTech! He's extremely intelligent, saved me months of figuring out wth is going on with user ecu's, and a nice guy too!