Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners 2.25 BETA Release (2011+ Mustang supported + others)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    At the moment, I can't say that we support it. The software will read the files out, and we can technically flash it (exact same PCM). I even have the definition done, but since those PCMs do not have a VIN in them, we are having to figure out a way to do the licensing. It is on my list of things to figure out. I want to be able to support it, and the other VINless PCMs like the CobraJet and Boss302S.

Ive chatted with Bill about over email and he's been super helpful!

Re the crate motor PCMs(control pack) I wanted to post this question here since some other members may know. Is it possible to write a Vin to the Ford Control pack PCM? I would guess so since it may be required to replace a bad unit in a car? I read somewhere a person did this with a Ford programming tool to get their SCT programmer to work but not sure how complicated it would be or what it takes. If so, and I can get a Vin into the PCM, will it work then? Do the PCMs have a serial number that could be referenced and used in place of a VIN?

Any chance you guys will do some testing that would require a guinea pig? I'm really in a pinch... I've held onto my HPTuners pro for well over a year in anticipation for using it on this project and am at the point where I need to make some changes to the PCM to move ahead.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Borden View Post
    Ive chatted with Bill about over email and he's been super helpful!

Re the crate motor PCMs(control pack) I wanted to post this question here since some other members may know. Is it possible to write a Vin to the Ford Control pack PCM? I would guess so since it may be required to replace a bad unit in a car? I read somewhere a person did this with a Ford programming tool to get their SCT programmer to work but not sure how complicated it would be or what it takes. If so, and I can get a Vin into the PCM, will it work then? Do the PCMs have a serial number that could be referenced and used in place of a VIN?

Any chance you guys will do some testing that would require a guinea pig? I'm really in a pinch... I've held onto my HPTuners pro for well over a year in anticipation for using it on this project and am at the point where I need to make some changes to the PCM to move ahead.

David
    If you have a VIN programmed in, it will work as it is. It can be done, and we will likely be adding a way to do it via the software soon.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

If you have a VIN programmed in, it will work as it is. It can be done, and we will likely be adding a way to do it via the software soon.
    Thanks Eric...

Anyone here know what it takes to program an VIN and who might be able to do it?

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Borden View Post
    Thanks Eric...

Anyone here know what it takes to program an VIN and who might be able to do it?

David
    I am pretty sure a Ford dealer will do this for you.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Just read on another forum that you've found the flex fuel info. Just wanted to add there is definitely demand for this. I've posted on sct forums and here previously looking for this. Its a great feature for daily drivers that don't always have access to ethanol all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Just read on another forum that you've found the flex fuel info. Just wanted to add there is definitely demand for this. I've posted on sct forums and here previously looking for this. Its a great feature for daily drivers that don't always have access to ethanol all the time.
    I'm working on getting caught up on some outstanding tasks, then will be going back and adding it.

Any other requests while I am adding stuff?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

I'm working on getting caught up on some outstanding tasks, then will be going back and adding it.

Any other requests while I am adding stuff?
    I have 2 2014s in front of me and one (FPFD2A5) has "commanded lambda when fuel is overidden" available but the auto car (FSFD2A5) doesn't. Anything cat monitor threshold related on the 13-14 OS's helps as well.

Thanks Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    I have 2 2014s in front of me and one (FPFD2A5) has "commanded lambda when fuel is overidden" available but the auto car (FSFD2A5) doesn't. Anything cat monitor threshold related on the 13-14 OS's helps as well.

Thanks Eric.
    FPFD2 has quite a bit more parameters and all the other OSIDs will get them this week. I'll also add the other parameters you asked for.

Any particular reason the compare function can't be enabled in beta?

Quote Originally Posted by 02reaper View Post
    Any particular reason the compare function can't be enabled in beta?
    It is isn't finished being coded. Remember 2.25 is all new. Other than looking mostly the same, it is a completely new program.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

not showing on my update page anymore?

It's only on there for a month, you have to email support again with a beta request.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

ok, I downloaded it a little while back after that when I went to my customer page it would show up there, now it doesn't so I assume they have been doing on going updates and I need to ask again, is that correct?

It's only active on your customer page for a month. It's updated daily.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell Power View Post
    Do you need ecoboost reads? I have a 2010 Flex here with Ecoboost that's just BEGGING to be tuned.
    same here, cant wait to tune the 3.5L

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

Senior Tuner
    Will we be able to write calibration only to the copperhead like we can with GM stuff someday? Is there the same risk of making a brick with write entire that we have with the older GM/LS1 stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Will we be able to write calibration only to the copperhead like we can with GM stuff someday? Is there the same risk of making a brick with write entire that we have with the older GM/LS1 stuff?
    Probably not going to be a calibration only option, due to the way the checksums are handled.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Does HP tuners plan on adding the Focus ST into the mix? Our current options are Cobb Access port and SCT. With a bolt on turbo we have Focus ST in the 380-400 whp and wtq, so this platform has much more to give and more options would be great!

Senior Tuner
    Probably not going to be a calibration only option, due to the way the checksums are handled.
    Do we need to be worried about bricking computers? Does the bootloader portion of the Copperhead get erased/rewritten every time like say an LS1B, or is it safer when writing entire, like say an E38 or E67?
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Senior Tuner
    Is it possible to add the min/max values to the editor like we have in 2.24 and older?
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat