Thread: Can a tune break the gas gauge?

Can a tune break the gas gauge?

I downloaded a new tune when my car was in the shop getting a new fuel pump and level sensor. Now, my gas gauge does not work.

My mechanic has checked all the wiring, and thinks its the PCM.

Is there anything in downlaoding a tune that would 'break' or unprogram' the gas gauge?

I am new to HP Tuners, so I did do a 'Write entire from the Flash menu...

I have a 99 Corvette.

Thanks in advance!

Clif

Tuner
    Ran into a situation like that tonight. Flashed my tune drove home and did some logging. about 15min into my drive I did a 2nd gear pull to redline. At red line it died threw a crank sensor error and I lost the fuel gauge. I reflashed the pcm and drove home with no other issues. As of yet anyhow.

Senior Tuner
    My gas gauge in my old 2000 Camaro was kinda funky...usually after a reflash, it'd sit on empty. I found if I cycled the key really quickly while the engine was running (just click it off and on without waiting for the engine to stop), then it'd read fine.

Occassionally it'd throw a code for fuel tank level sensor high voltage...so I assume I needed a new level sensor, but I never bothered.

You might have a similar problem. If the tune you flashed in is a modified version of the tune you read out, and you didn't change anything in the fuel segment, it's probably just a coincidence.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat