Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Validate Checksum Failed. You will be unable to save or flash this file.

I sent a file today to support, not sure if I clearly mentioned it was a checksum issue but iam sure you'll know it is

Whats the turnaround on this issue
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    I sent a file today to support, not sure if I clearly mentioned it was a checksum issue but iam sure you'll know it is

Whats the turnaround on this issue
    Monday is a national holiday, so you may not hear anything till Wednesday morning, Australian time. You need 2.25 access to use that file.

Potential Tuner
    i emailed support this morning also with a validate checksum issue. I have a 2014 challenger stuck on the dyno waiting for a response.... any help ould be appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    I have the engine, transmission, pcm, tipm, skim module, cluster and ign switch from a 2006 Ram 5.7 RFE545 installed in my 1966 Belvedere. It will run and drive buut I'd like to disable some dtc's and do a little bit of tuning. When I read the pcm it comes up with this checksum error and also locks up the pcm so I have do do a battery disconnect and reset it before it will run again. I have uploaded my tune file

Potential Tuner
    i emailed support six hours ago also with a validate checksum issue.
    any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mobile2 View Post
    i emailed support six hours ago also with a validate checksum issue.
    any help would be appreciated.
    Support isn't active on the weekends, you should be hearing back from them soon.

Potential Tuner
    Idk if I sent to correct people but having same issue on a 1998 ls1 Camaro. I posted in Tuning thread.

Sent a tune yesterday afternoon. What's the timeframe on this? Just have a truck on the dyno that needs to be delivered today.

Tuner in Training
    I need tune a dodge Ram 2011 5.7 lt with Hemi engine. I try to read with NGC4 and NGC4A and shows checksum failed. I check with other tools and shows NGC5 for this models, Hptuners support this ECM ???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cris View Post
    I need tune a dodge Ram 2011 5.7 lt with Hemi engine. I try to read with NGC4 and NGC4A and shows checksum failed. I check with other tools and shows NGC5 for this models, Hptuners support this ECM ???

Thanks
    Read it as an NGC4A and send the file to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Stangguy View Post
    Sent a tune yesterday afternoon. What's the timeframe on this? Just have a truck on the dyno that needs to be delivered today.
    Time-frames can be hard to pinpoint but typically, you should receive a response within 24-48 hours or so

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    Time-frames can be hard to pinpoint but typically, you should receive a response within 24-48 hours or so
    Save for weekends and holidays.

ie if you email us on Friday at 6pm you likely won't recieve a response until monday-tuesday of the following week.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I ready did that buddy, I send two files, with NGC4 and NGC4A. thanks

Tuner in Training
    so I have a 2016 dodge charger scat pack and im looking to do the initial read of the pcm to send in for pcm service to unlock. I did the read but it came up checksum failed. would it be saying that because the factory pcm is not unlocked? or am I doing something wrong.
    Performed read as gpec2a

Quote Originally Posted by TURBODAN101 View Post
    so I have a 2016 dodge charger scat pack and im looking to do the initial read of the pcm to send in for pcm service to unlock. I did the read but it came up checksum failed. would it be saying that because the factory pcm is not unlocked? or am I doing something wrong.
    Performed read as gpec2a
    The read is likely fine, it just needs to be defined in our software. If you would like to be sure the read is okay before you send the PCM in... send the file to support. We can double check if for you.

Tuner in Training
    cool. thanks a lot.

Tuner in Training BrandonHall10's Avatar
    Just got the "Validate Checksum Failed" with two separate PCM's using my laptop and Windows tablet. Through the OBD II port and an offboard interface.

One PCM is stock, untouched. The other is one I've flashed over a dozen times. The only thing that has changed is, upgrading to HPT 3.0

Emailed support with .hpt file and infolog. Waiting for reply.

2000 Grand Prix GTP

Advanced Tuner
    Did this and got a response back saying this is not a supported vehicle. Isn't this what you do to add a vehicle to the supported list? The ecu is supported and the 2005+ versions of the vehicle are supported.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes, If we believe we can support a vehicle in a timely manner. If its some oddball ecm that we don't support you will receive a response that it is not supported.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training BrandonHall10's Avatar
    I guess the thing that confuses me is, mine is definitely a supported vehicle. I get the error when reading a PCM that was previously written a dozen times using HPTuners and nothing else. I was surprised to see an error message using a familiar setup to access a licensed PCM.