Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing Pre-Orders for VCM Suite 2.1 and MPVI (USB)!!

Quote Originally Posted by SRPerformance
    To tune any LS2 is 20 credits.

What I need is the base package is $499 (includes 8 credits) plus 12 credits $599.88. Therefore the first tune will cost $1098.88, subsequent tune will cost 20 credits $998.88. Then add my costs per tune.

I dont know if any customers will be ready to pay $2000 AUS for a tune
    the 20 credits is for the year/model license. ie. unlimited tuning for that model/year just like with the serial interfaces.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by MeentSS02
    So basically you are saying that I threw $150 down the drain. I know this stuff costs money, and I know it makes sense to you, but looking at it in my shoes, that's not a very good deal at all. After all, that extra $150 went into your company.
    How do you figure you threw it down the drain?

Did you enver use the EIO capabilities? If not, then I agree with you that it was a wasted investment.

Steven, that $150 did not go into our company.. It went entirely into that interface you received. We NEVER made profit on serial EIO upgrades. It was a service we offered to our customers who chose standard interfaces up front but then decided they wanted the EIO capabilities down the road.

What you pay for when you pay for a hardware upgrade is new hardware and that is what you get. We give you all of your existing licenses on your new piece of hardware.

The hardware you send back to us is either trashed, or thrown in the corner. We cannot use it and it has zero value to us.. however, it still cost us and you money at one point. That investment is lost to both of us.

Compare what our serial interfaces could do compared to what our USB interfaces can do. As you can see our USB interfaces have a LOT more functionality, and thus their production costs are also higher.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

You should already know for a fact that I use the EIO capabilities every time I tune it, as I've dealt with you many times on many issues (one being that my unit overheats at points when logging wideband data).

The $150 going into the interface makes a bit more sense to me than just throwing it down the drain...but my original question was never answered.

Is this unit going to give ME any more functionality, being that I don't intend to own an LS2 vehicle, or tune one for that matter? Aside from black box data logging...I mean, can I log more PIDs? Higher data rate? I already know it should communicate faster...
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Aside from a USB connection, black box data logging, application key based licensing, LS2, L4/I5/I6, Ford and Dodge support... the USB interface will function just the same as a serial interface.

Logging and flashing speeds and capabilities remain unchanged for all GM V8 Gen III and GM V6 vehicles.

USB will communicate with the PC faster.. but that makes no difference when the bottleneck is the vehicle bus. Read/Write times will be the same for both interfaces as both RS232 and USB talk faster than GM does.

And just to be clear, chances are I'll probably end up getting the USB unit, if for nothing more than to simply stop looking for laptops with serial ports. I just want a warm fuzzy feeling when I plunk down another (!) $200 for my car that I'll be getting something more than a nicer looking unit (that really does look top notch BTW).
    11.02 @ 130

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    Aside from a USB connection, black box data logging, application key based licensing, LS2, L4/I5/I6, Ford and Dodge support... the USB interface will function just the same as a serial interface.

Logging and flashing speeds and capabilities remain unchanged for all GM V8 Gen III and GM V6 vehicles.

USB will communicate with the PC faster.. but that makes no difference when the bottleneck is the vehicle bus. Read/Write times will be the same for both interfaces as both RS232 and USB talk faster than GM does.
    That's a fair answer. I probably won't be in a huge hurry to upgrade, but will most likely get around to it sometime in the next few months. What I have right now is working fine for the moment.
    11.02 @ 130

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    the 20 credits is for the year/model license. ie. unlimited tuning for that model/year just like with the serial interfaces.
    Thanks Chris that clears it up.
    LS1 LS2 LS7 tuner, L98, LT1 & Haltec

Quote Originally Posted by MeentSS02
    You should already know for a fact that I use the EIO capabilities every time I tune it, as I've dealt with you many times on many issues (one being that my unit overheats at points when logging wideband data).

The $150 going into the interface makes a bit more sense to me than just throwing it down the drain...but my original question was never answered.

Is this unit going to give ME any more functionality, being that I don't intend to own an LS2 vehicle, or tune one for that matter? Aside from black box data logging...I mean, can I log more PIDs? Higher data rate? I already know it should communicate faster...
    your logging rate isnt determined by the interface...its determined by the slow ass GM PCM
    the more stuff your interface asks for a polling of..the slower the rate will be...
    your advantages would mostly be the black box logging which will be able to do hours of data logging...
    plus the boxes firmware is upgradeable...meaning that in teh future you could see other uses like maybe reading/writing to the pcm without need of a laptop..not implimented yet...but it shouldnt be too hard of a task to automate if they ever decided to do such a thing...
    really you would be paying for just black boxing right now.....but you would also be paying for future possibilities...which are only limited by the imagination and demand for stuff...

it also allows you to offer tunes to other vehicles....than the previous list as you could tune and read GM Ford and Dodge...

buddy throws a code...read it, clear it, help him troubleshoot his vehicle so he can make an informed decision on replacement parts or tuning possibilities...

when they release ford and dodge...just think...you coud feasably have a random person need a tune from whatever local forums you might be on or whatever clubs you belong to...and you could do a single vehicle liscense and make a few dollars and have some fun tuning a different beast...

when I bought HPT I didnt think I would ever tune others...
    now I do 3 to 4 per week when I am not out on the road doing touring audio work....
    its a pretty nice chunk of change..and its getting me thru the winter right now as work is usually slim in teh winter for us audio engineers...

so stop thinking in your little box and start thinking outside the box
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    Ok so if I want to upgrade to the Pro version from a serial / no EIO, would be $199??
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible
    Forged 383
    ATI D-1SC-1, NX MAF Kit, 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    548.0 RWHP - 536.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1
    666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid 4WD

https://www.ls1.com

Correct.

Tuner in Training
    And my existing 3 Year/Model licenses will carry over?

Correct.

Tuner in Training
    Sweet!
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible
    Forged 383
    ATI D-1SC-1, NX MAF Kit, 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    548.0 RWHP - 536.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1
    666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid 4WD

https://www.ls1.com

Tuner
    I checked the Credits FAQ, Good.

Ok, I purchase VCM STD suite with 8 credits. Can I count the
    credits already used to any full year license?

eg I tune two LS2 sedans now I want to get single license, do
    I just need to purchase 12 more credits?
    LS1 LS2 LS7 tuner, L98, LT1 & Haltec

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

yes they can be credited
    8+12=the 20 needed credits to get one unlimited model/year LS2 license
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Is there any "generic" support for all or most OBDII models?

Such as simple code clearing? Or is it limited to only the models listed?

Any support in the future?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you can clear codes of pretty much any obd2 gm/ford/dodge from my understanding for free...its the deletion/tuning out of codes that would cost you credits.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Our Aussie distrib will be advising of the upgrade path for customers out here. You won't have to send the serial interface to the US, i'll take care of you guys

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    you can clear codes of pretty much any obd2 gm/ford/dodge from my understanding for free...its the deletion/tuning out of codes that would cost you credits.
    I guess that's what I really meant. Is there a definitive answer out there for what generic support is available?

Advanced Tuner

It ain't gonna be cheap to tune unlimited amounts of LS2/LS7 cars...

Click the link:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446569