Thread: Can't brake torque in 2014 6.2...did I miss something?

Tuner

Can't brake torque in 2014 6.2...did I miss something?

Customer would really like to do a burnout in his truck. Right now the RPMS limit when you apply the brake to attempt to brake torque. Brake torque management is shut off.
    Attached Files Attached Files

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    try logging some of the PIDs mentioned in the throttle section here:

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...vanced_e78.htm
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    After a quick look, you have most of the values in the Peak Torque table set to 1000. That'll make the pedal feel really dead and likely prevent it from entering PE mode. So unless he has a blower or something on it I'd put those values much closer to stock. I also like to lower the Enable Pedal value for PE to 60-70% instead of the stock 89%.

The other big thing I notice is that you have a ton of timing added. Is the customer scanning for KR? If not, especially with the high octane and low octane tables set to the same values, I'd suggest putting those tables back to stock before he hurts something.

Tuner
    We have 0 KR on this tune, 93 octane. The pedal feels great unless the brake pedal switch is activated, then its limited to about 1500 rpm.

Advanced Tuner
    Try the following ....

Engine>Torque Management>General>Maximum Torque>Brake Torque Managment>Brake Torque Limit ... set to the maximum (96671 ft-lb).

Also set all of the cells in the Multiplier table to 1.0.

Looks like you adjusted the other Brake Torque Limit tab (Engine>Torque Management>General>Maximum Torque>Max Torque>Brake Torque Limit) ... you have it set to the maximum (6042 ft-lb).

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
    Try the following ....

Engine>Torque Management>General>Maximum Torque>Brake Torque Managment>Brake Torque Limit ... set to the maximum (96671 ft-lb).

Also set all of the cells in the Multiplier table to 1.0.

Looks like you adjusted the other Brake Torque Limit tab (Engine>Torque Management>General>Maximum Torque>Max Torque>Brake Torque Limit) ... you have it set to the maximum (6042 ft-lb).
    I noticed that in my tune also, what exactly does that do to max out those values?