Thread: LTFT bank 1 maxes out high/ LTFT bank 2 maxes low?????????

Tuner

LTFT bank 1 maxes out high/ LTFT bank 2 maxes low?????????

Help? Wanting to know if I have a mechanical problem or a tune problem? Bank #1 maxes out at 25 and bank 2 maxes low at -12.5 and bank 1 O2 sensor goes to 0 and bank 2 seems correct and fluctuates in the 800s. Also MAF reading does not fluctuate, I have double checked the wiring, tried another MAF sensor and had the PCM check. I set MAF to read in HZ I see it in my table but not on gauges or chart? This is a mail order tune on a LT1 with 24x LS1 PCM swap, I am posting a log and the tune.

I have replaced both O2 sensors no change and moved injectors from bank one to bank to, but neither made a difference.

So LTFT bank 1, LTFT bank 2, O2 bank 1, O2 bank 2, MAF sensor make no sense, I tried all I know to try, read everything I know to read.
    Out of ideas.

383 forged,AFR 195 heads, 36 ib Bosch gen 3, Comp custom 238/246 605/618 110LSA, 58 mm TB, ported intake, 255 granatelli pump, Pacesetter LT,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your injector bank select is incorrect. Should be 01011010 from top to bottom.
    Looks like your Maf is unplugged or has an electrical problem.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    Oh! I so hope your right, I will sing at your next wedding if that's what it is. and yes on the MAF. I had 2 Granatelli's neither would read, put a NAPA reman on it and now it reads.

I wasn't sure if the inj bank should be set for LT1 or LS1? I have LT1 firing order. I will try that tomorrow. thanks mucho
    Last edited by 540gts; 04-30-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Your injector bank select is incorrect. Should be 01011010 from top to bottom.
    Looks like your Maf is unplugged or has an electrical problem.

Russ Kemp
    I changed the injector location 01011010 and I have a log for that, seemed to run about the same. then I switched them back and ran a log here they are. Dead spot is gone, MAF and IAC is working now. Bank 1 and 2 are far off?

Return the injector bank select to my settings. The wiring for the Bank 1 & Bank 2 O2's are swapped.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    Ok I can do that and switch and then switch the O2 wires?

Quote Originally Posted by 540gts View Post
    Ok I can do that and switch and then switch the O2 wires?
    Sorry, I got the injector select wrong, you had it correct the first time. Just swap your O2 wires. Where did you get the wiring harness from? As you need to swap the 2 & 3 and 4 & 7 injector and ignition wires at the PCM if you used a stock LS harness.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    Wiring harness came from Swanke engines, it was a stand alone LS 1 harness. Ok I understand I think? Swap 2&3 and 5&7 injector and ignition (coil)? I will have to ask them and see if it was a stock LS 1 harness. You don't know how much I appreciate the help, I have a special needs son who is turning 23in May. This is his car he can't drive but he loves loud cars, last year I told him I would take him to the drag strip for his birthday but he had the flew that week and then it rained for two weeks following that. Then over the winter the optics park went out so I thought I upgraded and then the shop that was working on his car burnt down, his was the only car that got out, needless to say they lost everything and couldn't finish job in time for his birthday, so I decided to tackle it. Now I am down to three weeks. Like I said you don't know how much I appreciate your help.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Sorry, I got the injector select wrong, you had it correct the first time. Just swap your O2 wires. Where did you get the wiring harness from? As you need to swap the 2 & 3 and 4 & 7 injector and ignition wires at the PCM if you used a stock LS harness.

Russ Kemp

That was it, o2 wires swapped and swap the 2 & 3 and 4 & 7 injector and ignition wires, runs great, now I have to tune the 4L60E. Your the man!
    Do you know a link for the best tune instructions for a HP 4L60E?
    Last edited by 540gts; 05-02-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Good to hear that you got it fixed. As for the trans, just do a search on my name. Should find lots of info.

Russ Kemp

Old thread but have the same issue on a 2010 Silverado 6.0l. How in the word would you swap the o2 sensor harness and the 2&3 injector harness. The harness is separated on different sides. What Am I missing? Thank you

The truck I'm working on is gone stock with factory harness. The engine was pulled, rebuilt, and reinstalled with original equipment.

Advanced Tuner
    Pin locations can be swapped at ecm connectors, but the harness routes fine to the components.

DGS. Thank you for the reply.

So your saying the coil harness from gen 3 to gen 4 has no difference? Have you done this before? Do you have a schematic?

Thank you!

Trucker I'm somewhat in the same boat. Rebuilt a 6.0 stock and threw it in my wife's truck that was bone stock with a 6.0(hers was worn out). Stock everything except for a flow master exhaust. Still in break in but I threw the scanner on to see if anything looked crazy. I'm getting high LTFT bank 1(in the 15ish area at times). This was while driving it and it showed some KR and pulled a little timing but couldn't tell driving wise but was also just cruising at like 55ish. I reset the LTFT to make sure it wasn't reading from when I had to MAF off previously. Still reading high. I sprayed starting fluid around every vacuum area in the engine bay. Here is 2 files. One is short and only idle after I reset the FT's and other is the long one I was logging driving. First go round with FT and I did a ton of research last night and most was a rich condition or maxed out and mine doesn't max out so not sure what is up. Any help would be awesome.

Looking at it now its both banks but 1 is way higher then the other.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JuicedPerformance; 02-03-2019 at 12:48 PM.

First thing I always suspect and am often right is the O2 sensors are bad, got banged in the swap, and so on. So change those $85 bucks. Next Play with your base running airflow. When you get that close you will see the LTFT error go down closer to zero. Make sure all you timing tables read the same, the start making changes to the maf and ve tables. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by DGS View Post
    Pin locations can be swapped at ecm connectors, but the harness routes fine to the components.
    Thank you DGS!