Thread: no comm

Tuner

no comm

I have a 98 C5 that I had starter issues on, so I had to swap the starter out a couple of times. Now when I switch it on, I have LOTS of messages and when I check the codes, it has "No Comm" on EVERY function
    Have I blown a fuse, or is my PCM fried?

Tuner in Training
    Fuses would be my first guess. I would say check the computer connectors but not easy to get to on c5.
    My 98 ta would give me problems with trying to scan it. key was on position but said no power or interface not found. My computer was fried

Advanced Tuner
    Have you checked the PCM wiring under the battery. Common to be damaged from a leaking battery.

Quote Originally Posted by BOTTLE FED View Post
    I have a 98 C5 that I had starter issues on, so I had to swap the starter out a couple of times. Now when I switch it on, I have LOTS of messages and when I check the codes, it has "No Comm" on EVERY function
    Have I blown a fuse, or is my PCM fried?
    If the problem started when the starter was replaced you have the wires on the power lug/small ground to the block in the wrong spot. The main power and ground for the BCM/ECM from from those lugs. I often hear the cooling fans run with keyon when its wrong.

Tuner
    As a follow up. this turned out to be a problem with the SCM shorting out. I removed the grounding terminal of the small, 3 wire link that goes to the seat and it corrected the problem and let the car start. I just removed the wire from the seat motor and put it back together and it worked perfect (???)
    C5- forged LS2, ported Dart pro 1s, custom Tick blower cam, P1SC1 at 13psi, 4" intake and charge pipe, alky control 100% meth w dual injectors, 255 walburo, BAP, yella terra, FAST 90, ported LS2 TB, RPM stage VI, SY3500, 3.42, 335 Ra1, Lots of Body mods