Thread: Stock tune and KR LS2 05 C6 Vette

Tuner in Training

Stock tune and KR LS2 05 C6 Vette

Recently picked up a 05 vette and did some logging after removing CAGS.

Short of it:
    Car is Stock Z51 package C6 55k miles give or take
    Data log showed some KR at cruise and WOT 2-3 degrees
    Did tune up (new plugs, TR5 gapped 0.045) Granatelli wires
    Cleared Fuel Trims KR came on with a vengeance, now seeing as high as 10!
    swapped wires to MSD, no change
    swapped to TR6 plugs (0.040 gap), no change
    MAF cleaned; no change
    did 2x seafoam, ran through tank, ran octane booster and injector cleaner; improvement in cruise area after seafoam 2x (octane booster logged no change, maybe fake KR?)
    increase knock decay rate, halved knock attack rate, left sensitivty alone, cruise almost all clear, WOT behaving better
    dropped timing in area by 2 degrees, now commanding 21 instead of 23 in problem areas, as low as 17 in 0.76 +
    noted very rich PE rate, commanded 12.25 all around from 3500 up rather than letting it go as much as 11.87 at 4500
    increased spark dwell a bit (based off megasquirt recommendation for dwell)
    burst knock zeroed out; no BR recorded prior either really
    checked fuel pressure, 60 psi idle, stays that way even after a long drive and wot runs, 50 psi once shut down, doesn't really drop after that
    now still pulling 1-2 degrees at most, but raining here now for next few days will not be able to do WOT runs
    -I can HEAR the pinging on WOT runs.

Need thoughts on this:

Anyone find the LS2 wanting less WOT timing?
    Is the default one size fit all issue here? The stock PE table is really really rich.
    Is 12.07 to 11.9 at 3800+ really TOO rich for a stock car in PE? Does too rich cause detonation?
    LTFT logging shows no major deviations, 0 to -1, -2 across the board, so no indications of any fueling problems
    My problem is WOT right now, need to get some dyno time to log AFR on wideband
    Last edited by Slade; 08-13-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Commanded fueling means squat without actually verifying the AFRs with a wideband. Until you can do that, you are basically pissing in the wind as far as trying to diagnose/fix WOT problems.

Tuner in Training
    Access to a dyno here with wideband is a bit of a pain right now. Once I can get access to one, I will see what it reads. I know that, but once you get on the dyno, I need to know what areas can be problematic.

In the meantime, some simple answers to the questions posted would be nice.

Another question, is does torque management show up as KR?
    Last edited by Slade; 08-14-2014 at 08:26 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Ls2 has problem of false knocks...especially if you change headers. Are you sure your maf is stock? Maybe you have installed the granatelli one which gives different data, not the best thing for a stock car. Try to raise min volt from 50mV to 70mV on the kr settings. If you tried 93octane and octane booster and you still have knocks they can be most probably false. Rich at wot means later detonation and probably a misfire if too rich. You should not be experience kr going 12 or 11.5. The stock settings are very conservative also for preserve a long cats life. I don't understand this minor modification on a stock cars. Have you tried also with stock spark plugs?