Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Announcing: Upgrade Credits!

Tuner in Training
    I am a new customer and looking to purchase now.

So if we get 8 credits, am I only able to get licencing for 1 model/year? In the past, the software has come with licencing for 2 model/years, but this would be 12 credits if I am looking correctly (I am looking at 98-02 Firebird/Camaro 5.7L).

I'm not sure I totally understand this, but the way I am reading it is that if I order, I could get 1 model/year licence and 2&3 bar speed density on my 02' Trans Am, with VCM Suite Pro (Enhanced I/O)...for a TOTAL of $649. It would not cost to upgrade to 2 & 3 Bar Speed Density because I would have 8 credits (6 on getting '02 model/year, and 2 for Speed Density).

Am I reading this correctly? And if not, please explain it to me. I don't care that much about the 2 & 3 bar speed density capability, but I would like 1 bar...but if the upgrade is included...why not. Help me out guys...THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by matts_222
    I am a new customer and looking to purchase now.

So if we get 8 credits, am I only able to get licencing for 1 model/year? In the past, the software has come with licencing for 2 model/years, but this would be 12 credits if I am looking correctly (I am looking at 98-02 Firebird/Camaro 5.7L).

I'm not sure I totally understand this, but the way I am reading it is that if I order, I could get 1 model/year licence and 2&3 bar speed density on my 02' Trans Am, with VCM Suite Pro (Enhanced I/O)...for a TOTAL of $649. It would not cost to upgrade to 2 & 3 Bar Speed Density because I would have 8 credits (6 on getting '02 model/year, and 2 for Speed Density).

Am I reading this correctly? And if not, please explain it to me. I don't care that much about the 2 & 3 bar speed density capability, but I would like 1 bar...but if the upgrade is included...why not. Help me out guys...THANKS!
    You can choose either the Single Vehicle license (2 credits) or the Model/Year license (6 credits) the first time you try to read your PCM. If you choose the 2 credit option you still have 6 credits to use as you wish (eg. to tune another 3 friends LS1's, or upgrade to the VCM enhancements as you mentioned).

Unless you plan to tune a bunch of 02 Fbodies, then the single vehicle option is the best choice, imo.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Lets say I used 8 credits to tune 2 LS2 vehicles, can I later on, if I decide to tune all year/model just purchase another 4 credits for an equvilant of 12 credits. Or do I have to Purchase another 12 credits? (Hope Not)
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

MY FQUICK - http://www.fquick.com/cyclone_chris

Mods:
    K&N Intake | 18" Staggered TSW Thruxton Setup | Toyo T1-R Tires | Billet Products Short Shifter | Kooks 1-3/4" LT Catted headers | NGK TR55 | Ported Stock Intake Manifold | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Polished T/B | FlowTech Streetsweeper V2 Cam | SLP UD Pulley | 160 Thermostat | LS7 Clutch | 39# Ford Blue Giant Injectors | Scorpion Roller Rockers |

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris
    Lets say I used 8 credits to tune 2 LS2 vehicles, can I later on, if I decide to tune all year/model just purchase another 4 credits for an equvilant of 12 credits. Or do I have to Purchase another 12 credits? (Hope Not)
    if you used the 8 credits to do two vin locked the software would automatically calculate for you how many more credits you'd have to purchase to upgrade to the year license...in your case 8credits X .75=6 credits earned...12 needed so you'd need to buy 6 credits=$300 at that point to get the unlimited.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris
    75% of your Single Vehicle licenses count towards the equivalent Year/Model, the sooner you choose the year/model the more you will save, but at most you will pay 25% extra.

Once the required credits for the year model are the same as or lower than the single vehicle license the software will prompt you to choose the year/model instead.

http://www.hptuners.com/credit_faq.html#a9

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Can upgrade credits go toward a 2bar or other enhancements, or is the enhancement packages setup with the sime type of upgrade credit system?
    2000 EC, SB Z71 03 LQ4, 05 front clip with e-fans, STS turbo, GT67, Blow off valve, 170Kpa, Alkycontrol, 44lbs injectors @ 100% dutycycle, Comp 918's, HPtuner, 02 ECM, Dyno Jet Wideband, Eaton LSD, Speed Engineering 4l80e conversion, 2800 ART CARR stall removed now running stocker . 11.87 @ 114
    New times 11.41 @ 119.. look out 10's here I come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
    Can upgrade credits go toward a 2bar or other enhancements, or is the enhancement packages setup with the sime type of upgrade credit system?
    yes, credits for single vehicle VCM enhancements apply to the VCM enhancement packages in the same way.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    This credit thing has me confused. I thought my courses on computer theory were confusing, but this takes the cake. I'm going to do my best to explain my situation, and I'd like you (anyone) to tell me what I need to do to "rectify" my situation. Thanks!

In September 2005 I ordered my copy of HPTuners. I only drive one 2002 f-body and only tune one 2002 f-body. I don't tune anything else, so I always felt like I got screwed in the "you get two licenses for the price of one" deal. To me, it wasn't really a deal. Fine, whatever, I chose a 2002 Corvette for my second vehicle. Now, I see you have software for Cavaliers. I have a friend who drives a Cavalier who would love to tune what little he can in it. Nothing would make me happier than to completely DELETE this 2002 Corvette crap and replace it with 2003 Cavalier! I'm sure you guys wouldn't do that for free, but I don't expect that. Is it even an option? Can this credit system save me!?

Thanks!

(hey look, first post...)

Advanced Tuner
    normally this is not allowed since there's no way to prove you haven't used the 2002 vette license.....

Also normally these types of questions are better suited for email.....

Also I believe you need the USB cable in order to tune cavaliers (may be wrong though) ... in which case you can tune your buddies car for 2 credits (100 bux) if you upgrade to USB... otherwise you must use the licensing that was available when you purchased the serial cable (199 for unlimited up to 4... assuming the cavy will work w/the serial)
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

We cannot remove the 2002 vette license from the cable. Horist is correct that you need to upgrade to the MPVI interface to use the credit system and tune the 4cyl vehicles.

Hope that helps,

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    One more question, Does the computer have to be "on-line" when a upgrade is made? I have my "tunning labtop" that never goes on the web, I down load, save, and burn to disc all updates etc. So how do I go about buying a license off line? Sorry if this has been asked before.
    2000 EC, SB Z71 03 LQ4, 05 front clip with e-fans, STS turbo, GT67, Blow off valve, 170Kpa, Alkycontrol, 44lbs injectors @ 100% dutycycle, Comp 918's, HPtuner, 02 ECM, Dyno Jet Wideband, Eaton LSD, Speed Engineering 4l80e conversion, 2800 ART CARR stall removed now running stocker . 11.87 @ 114
    New times 11.41 @ 119.. look out 10's here I come.....

all you need to do is enter the new appkey that is emailed to you to add more credits. You can enter it manually but most would copy/paste it from the email to the editor form.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Updates question

My apologies for the newbie question here and bringing an old topic out of the past.

I understand the process of aquiring updates for the cost of credits.
    I have a 2010 Camaro 2SSRS L99 and I recently purchased a copy of HP Tuners 2.22 VCM Suite with the USB version of the MPVI and a recent download of the beta updates.

When I look at Help/License Information at the Availabe Updates tab it shows that there are 11 updates available and that I have 1 credit that I can use towards the purchase.

What do I gain with these 11 updates that are specific to the car (not the software)?

Senior Tuner
    I think you are confusing some terms here. The number 11 does not represent "Updates" it represents the number of additional credits required, at this time, to upgrade to a Year/Model License for that particular platform. the tab is labled "Available Upgrade Credit Licenses" not "Available Updates".

I hope this helps.
    Jaime