Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcing: Upgrade Credits!

Arrow Announcing: Upgrade Credits!

HP Tuners is pleased to announce the introduction of Upgrade Credits for VCM Suite 2.1 and MPVI interfaces.

Upgrade Credits are a way for customers to take a lower risk and cost entry point into tuning while protecting their investment for future upgrades as business increases.

Upgrade credits accumulate for both Single Vehicle and Year/Model purchases providing benefit to everyone from the weekend tuner to the growing tunershop. Existing customers who upgrade from Serial interfaces to the new MPVI will also receive upgrade credits for all transferred Year/Model licenses.

See the http://www.hptuners.com/credit_faq.html (Question #9 and Example #5) for all the details!

- The HP Tuners Team
    Last edited by Keith@HPTuners; 02-07-2006 at 06:14 PM.
    I count sheep in hex...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    looks good, should make alot of people happy
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

That, by far was my biggest dissapointment with the latest announcements.

And, now I am a happy camper

Phil

Tuner
    "Customers who upgrade from serial to MPVI are totally protected by this system as well. Existing licenses will be transferred to the MPVI at the full applicable credit rates at the time of upgrade. Those credits count towards Upgrade Credits like any others so the investment is protected."

So those who upgrade to the new MVPI from the serial will see 12 credits?????????
    2000 EC, SB Z71 03 LQ4, 05 front clip with e-fans, STS turbo, GT67, Blow off valve, 170Kpa, Alkycontrol, 44lbs injectors @ 100% dutycycle, Comp 918's, HPtuner, 02 ECM, Dyno Jet Wideband, Eaton LSD, Speed Engineering 4l80e conversion, 2800 ART CARR stall removed now running stocker . 11.87 @ 114
    New times 11.41 @ 119.. look out 10's here I come.....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    whatever you carry over will be on the new cable...but those "credits" could be used as stated on the FAQ page towards a tunershop license down the road.

Tuner
    -O-, I see.
    2000 EC, SB Z71 03 LQ4, 05 front clip with e-fans, STS turbo, GT67, Blow off valve, 170Kpa, Alkycontrol, 44lbs injectors @ 100% dutycycle, Comp 918's, HPtuner, 02 ECM, Dyno Jet Wideband, Eaton LSD, Speed Engineering 4l80e conversion, 2800 ART CARR stall removed now running stocker . 11.87 @ 114
    New times 11.41 @ 119.. look out 10's here I come.....

Nice
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Potential Tuner

That makes it alot better.

I still think some models should be combined. Such as tahoe and suburban yukon, etc...

And envoy, trailblazer, and rainer.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for listening to your customers.

It's a much better approach, but I wish the LS2 support was a tad cheaper...
    2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

Although i admit the first read of the FAQ is was confused as could be...

Then on reading 2 it hit me, great idea...

That should defiently please alot of people who were not very happy over the credit system. But it just goes to show that you guys at HPT listen to your customers even if we're a little
    Warning: User exhibits tendency to use offensive amount of smileys...
    2003 GMC Denali XL
    HPTuners MVPI Pro | LC-1 Wideband | 1 Bar Speed Density OS | MAF Delete | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Flex-A-Lite 282 E-Fans | Nelson Harness | K&N FIPK | SSBC Truck-Force 10 Calipers | Brembo OE Sized Cross-Drilled Discs | NGK TR55's

Advanced Tuner
    I really like the upgrade path...nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by Billiumss
    It's a much better approach, but I wish the LS2 support was a tad cheaper...
    Agreed. The LS2 support is more then twice the LS1 support.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30thta436
    Agreed. The LS2 support is more then twice the LS1 support.
    Again keep in mind they had to not only crack the PCM code but also the TCM code...and the fact that there are differences in the 05' & 06' vette computers meaning even more code to crack. Add in the fact there arent many readily available alternatives & the fact that you could tune 2 LS2's for $499 its really not a bad deal in itself. Im sure at some point the prices will come down but until then it aint a bad deal for starters.

Tuner
    Cracking sounds like illegal activity , lets call it reverse engineering.

But this credit thing must be good if your on Crack as I'm still confused.

I like MANY other bought the serial ver and got 2 vehicles, IE I can tune an
    2004 silverado and any 2000 grand am , and by the order page it would
    seem that SHOULD be 12 credits as 6 credits for a full year of vehicles ?

Yet if I BUY the USB upgrade I only get 6 credits ?? Unles I'm reading the
    info wrong, which looks almost as bad as tax codes.
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    Again keep in mind they had to not only crack the PCM code but also the TCM code...and the fact that there are differences in the 05' & 06' vette computers meaning even more code to crack. Add in the fact there arent many readily available alternatives & the fact that you could tune 2 LS2's for $499 its really not a bad deal in itself. Im sure at some point the prices will come down but until then it aint a bad deal for starters.
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by rckrzy1
    Cracking sounds like illegal activity , lets call it reverse engineering.

But this credit thing must be good if your on Crack as I'm still confused.

I like MANY other bought the serial ver and got 2 vehicles, IE I can tune an
    2004 silverado and any 2000 grand am , and by the order page it would
    seem that SHOULD be 12 credits as 6 credits for a full year of vehicles ?

Yet if I BUY the USB upgrade I only get 6 credits ?? Unles I'm reading the
    info wrong, which looks almost as bad as tax codes.
    I don't understand what it hard to understand? If your upgrading you carry over your existing licenses which in your case are worth 12 credits...thats it, period, done. If you are a new customer thats never bought hptuners before you get 8 credits to go toward whatever you want...you dont choose at the time of purchase you choose once you get your cable what & how you'd like to tune. Its pretty cut and dry in my eyes
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 02-13-2006 at 03:24 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    I don't understand what it hard to understand? If your upgrading you carry over your existing licenses which in your case are worth 12 credits...thats it, period, done. If you are a new customer thats never bought hptuners before you get 8 credits to go toward whatever you want...you dont choose at the time of purchase you choose once you get your cable what & how you'd like to tune. Its pretty cut and dry in my eyes
    I thought I read upgrading from serial to usb got us only 6 credits ? There is so much info all over it's a blurr. Did not every serial 1.7 and older user get full use of 2 vehicles ? Or the equivalant 12 credits ? If that is true then it's
    a good deal if I convert my credits to single use.

Adam
    2004 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L 2000 Pontiac GA 3.4L 1995 Pontiac TA LT1 1997 Camaro 3.8L

Please send an e-mail to sales and we will get you back upgrade information that is accurate.

All licenses transfer over as-is.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by rckrzy1
    I thought I read upgrading from serial to usb got us only 6 credits ? There is so much info all over it's a blurr. Did not every serial 1.7 and older user get full use of 2 vehicles ? Or the equivalant 12 credits ? If that is true then it's
    a good deal if I convert my credits to single use.

Adam
    you carry over your licenses the licenses dont majically turn into credits that you can use towards different licenses ie you dont carry over 12 credits then get to vin lock 6 cars ya know what im saying? Those 12 credits will be hardcoded to your new unit in your case it will be 6 truck credits & 6 v6 car credits meaning if you wanted you can apply those credits towards the truck unlimited or the v6 car unlimited, but they stay separate from what I understand. Again they dont turn into tokens for you to use once you switch over...all your paying for is the new hardware at this time nothing more.

Tuner in Training
    This couldn't be more confusing! So now you have single vehicle licenses, and model/year licenses? So single vehicle licenses can only work on one car of one model/year, but model/year licenses can work on unlimited cars of one model/year? What does that make my Std. Serial interface licenses? I know they're not worth any credits, but aren't they unlimited vehicle licenses for one model/year? And I could get two more of those for another 200 bucks. Now it's 200 bucks EACH with this USB interface? That doesn't add up to saving money, but maybe I'm reading this wrong.