Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throttle closing on C7 at 5500 rpm?

Quote Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO View Post
    I noticed on a C7 I finished tuning this week that if the Engine-> TQM -> General -> PEAK Torque table isnt properly calibrated after adjusting the DD table the car will NOT enter V4 mode. I dont know how it works on SC applications but setting the PRatio from .900 to 1.0 will also keep the Tune/CAI cars from entering v4 mode.
    i have noticed this too... still a whole lot to learn on these cars
    Owner of Cunningham Motorsports

06 z06
    2016 camaro
    68 Camaro
    2014 e63 amg
    07 LBZ Duramax

Did you leave COT Enabled? Disabling that will prevent AFM also.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    my c7 is still stock and it has one or two points at mild accel where you can feel it surge like you hit the pedal sharply even though you kept it steady. I need to log it to see what exactly it is.....

like second gear around 30mph and 2000 rpm accelerating normally to third.
    Same here.
    2014 Corvette, Z51, 3LT, 7-Speed, NPP, 2 tops, Exposed Carbon Fiber roof, FAY, Laguna Blue, Kalahari, Museum Delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    my c7 is still stock and it has one or two points at mild accel where you can feel it surge like you hit the pedal sharply even though you kept it steady. I need to log it to see what exactly it is.....

like second gear around 30mph and 2000 rpm accelerating normally to third.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mez View Post
    Same here.
    Interesting, I've seen this with the automatics, but haven't noticed it with the manuals, it's driving me crazy on the autos... With boost it is amplified, The 5.3 trucks seem to be the worst, and the 6.2 trucks seem to be the best, the Vettes are somewhere in between...

Advanced Tuner
    the 6 cylinder cars do it as well, I'm convinced the cause is from unmapped tables. torque scanning is very limited on the 6 cylinder stuff.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Advanced Tuner
    So have you made it work?
    having an issue with a truck, this one opens but after a shift it close the throttle half and opens up back.

Advanced Tuner
    That's just trans torque management

Bump, maybe someone can help me figure this out.

I understand how the TQ tables work and i know in the sticky it says "Maximum Engine Torque: The maximum possible engine torque, this should be higher than Predicted Engine Torque Cmd otherwise it is limiting" But it really doesn't say what table defines the Maximum engine torque limit. I found another thread where it was never answered. This is the first c7 I've messed with so still trying to figure out all the new changes.

Basically the Throtte closes above 5k and obviously power falls away.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes thats in the tcm. My 2017 zl1 was terrible from a dead stop or on a roll. Unlocked tcm and raised my torque limits on the tcm and now tps follows the foot to the tee. Ripping off 1.60 60 foots tires on fire and when was stock it was lucky to get 1.70 with zero wheel spin. Also on down shifts it now snaps open fast rather then the slope you probably see now as I did.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150