Thread: new to hp

new to hp

im new to hp and the tuning side of things,

looked over a few files that are on here comparing things to try and get my head around stuff,

im after some modded na cars that are tuned so i can have a look and learn from!

i understand what a turbo falcon needs afr and timing wise but new to NA's

any tuned files that anyone would love to share that i could look over and learn from would be great

Tuner
    Ive got one to suit a Ba Na with mild cams and the usual bolt ons. Extractors,ss inductions cai, underdrives, Hiflow cat and exhaust. Will find the file and post it over the weekend for you if I can.

Tuner
    You should definitely have a read of 'Engine Management: Advanced Tuning, by Greg Banish' as well as others, gives a very broad approach to how and why Engine management works and some info on how to calibrate etc.. Well worth the $25..

I've found the best way to Learn is to try different things, get as much data as you can and go from there really, everyone has a little bit different ways of going about things, so you can get abit of an idea of what to do by looking over other peoples tunes but sometimes they can throw you off if they are from a different model/year etc.. I havnt done any NA falcons as yet, but I'd assume it's all very similar

Advanced Tuner
    The reality is that it is a very long process to learn to tune on these flash tuning devices (I am not putting HP down in anyway) without prior live tuning experience. On a live tuning device you can alter parameters on the fly and see how the vehicle reacts immediately, you can trim, you can change things and you get what you want. With this flash tuning factory hardware there is no manual, you don't really know how half the stuff works and it takes a couple of minutes to change one single thing.

Think of learning how to tune one big long road and just travel a little bit at a time and take your time with it.

Tuner
    [ATTACH]44840
    Kosij this is the file I was refering to.