Thread: Gen 4 Viper Question

Tuner in Training

Gen 4 Viper Question

Looking to disable both my rear O2 sensors and replace one with my wideband? In the DTC menu I uncheck all the O2 Sensor 2 boxes but now when the car idles bank 1 slowly adds more short term corrections and idle gets richer and richer? First time using HP tuners what am I doing wrong?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
    Looking to disable both my rear O2 sensors and replace one with my wideband? In the DTC menu I uncheck all the O2 Sensor 2 boxes but now when the car idles bank 1 slowly adds more short term corrections and idle gets richer and richer? First time using HP tuners what am I doing wrong?
    You'll need to raise the coolant threshold for the Closed Loop Enable>ECT Rear O2 in the OL & CL tab.

Edit: Viper definition doesn't have this value available.
    Last edited by ElecTech; 06-15-2014 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Wrong file information
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    thanks and also can anyone explain what these tabs actually do?

can you explain what these parameters mean and what they do exactly Keith

Peak tq chart
    throttle % vs area
    torque % request

and I'm getting the red lighting volt and logging only see my tps at 87% open with 100% throttle input?

Senior Tuner
    thanks and also can anyone explain what these tabs actually do?

can you explain what these parameters mean and what they do exactly Keith

Peak tq chart
    throttle % vs area
    torque % request

and I'm getting the red lighting volt and logging only see my tps at 87% open with 100% throttle input?
    Disregard my first response, the Viper doesn't use that value.

Probably should read over the information in the first post in the link very carefully.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-2-25-500-BETA

You'll need to do a throttle relearn before you'll be able to drive the car and if you look at the bottom of the tab while your cursor is hovering over the button, it gives a description of the table.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    Jamie the car is up and running. And relearn done I just want to know what those parameters actually effect

Senior Tuner
    Ah. In that case

Peak tq chart = is the "actual" measured torque curve of your motor. If you graph it, you'll get a picture of your engine output. This is likely crankshaft values.

throttle % vs area = is the relation of the tps % to throttle body area. This will likely have an effect in pedal response, but might be more useful for adjusting larger throttle bodies

torque % request = this will be a "desired engine torque" request based on driver pedal input. Usually these table will have an effect on the responsiveness of the engine to your inputs. It can also be used to tamp down an aggressive engine and make it more manageable or drivable.
    Jaime

Did you figure this one out? Did you set the rear O2 sensor codes to No Error Reported or Non-Emissions, No MIL?

Tuner in Training
    No I'm fighting a problem with the DTC rechecking themselves.

There was a bug in the earlier betas for the Venom.

Update your Beta.
    Open your file in VCM Editor.
    Click on Edit->View Change/History Logs
    Select the "Complete Saved History Logs" tab
    Scroll to the bottom
    Right click on "Base", click "Open as Compare File"
    Navigate to Engine Diag->DTC's.

You can now compare the DTC's that have been changed from stock.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    New version seems to be working I plan to write to the car tonight and test