Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: First complete Dodge SRT4 tune and dyno numbers.

  1. #1

    First complete Dodge SRT4 tune and dyno numbers.

    Hey guys, Well I been working on a few cars tunes. I finally decided to finish my car.

    Here are the mods list:
    3inch downpipe
    Front mount
    E85
    888 injectors
    fuel return
    and downpipe
    ported intake mani and 62mm TB
    3bar map/tip
    Other than the mod list, the car is stock motor

    Dodge software review.
    Even though the software is still beta, it is amazing as always. Although the PIDS are not avail I was able to create my own pid for boost sensor and pr ratio. I am able to datalog and tune the Ve without issues. I gotta say a powerful tuning software is one which has great datalog capabilities.

    As the process of beta testing the software I have been reading alot of tunes from Diablo/SCT tuners and they suck. the VE is completely hacked.

    Right now my car is @24PSI SPIKE on 3rd gear dyno pulls the car made 338WHP and 410Tq. The car should be able to make 350-360 with 4th gear dyno pull and 26 psi spike with the stock turbo. In the process of tuning I have found a few more bugs that I will be sending to Bill and hopefully it can be corrected to finish the tune this week.

    I will be doing a tune on a big turbo car this week as well.

    I will be sharing my Log and pids soon for those of you to use. I also created a excel sheet that allows you to know the Airfuel for the car easy conversion tool.

  2. #2
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    605
    This tuning software is awesome! I am running it on my personal car right now.

    Mildly built bottom end - JE stock profile pistons, Eagle rods, Clevite rod and main bearings
    FIC 1100 cc/min injectors
    GTX3582R with a .82 a/r tial housing
    Full custom tubular manifold
    Ported head w/+1mm intake, +2mm exhaust valves
    Crower S2 camshafts
    Revving to 7200 RPM

    Currently on stock MAP and TIP sensors. Looking to run some OmniPower 4 bar sensors on it, just need to buy them.

    Car runs great, both in boost and out of boost. Very intuitive interface, for the most part. Can't wait to have access to the boost control table. Currently I'm running on gate spring pressure, about 14 psi. Based on injector duty cycle data (from when I was running the car on the EMS at the same pressure), it should be sitting right around 425 hp (uncorrected). Will be awesome to have more datalogging capabilities with the HPTuners scanner in the future.

    For the time being, I've ordered an Innovate LM-2 handheld wideband/datalogger with LogWorks software to help supplement with datalogging end of things. Should be here late this week. Can't wait to hit the dyno once the boost gets turned up!

    Previous numbers (earlier this year) on the EMS, Sunoco Maximal race gas, and 32 psi, it put down 663 whp 593 wtq SAE corrected on a dynojet. It ran great on the EMS, but you just can't beat the reliability of an OEM engineered PCM, and with AEM phasing out the V1 units and ceasing to carry replacement parts for them (specifically EPROMs), I felt it was important to get the car running well on a reliable factory PCM.

    Thanks, HPTuners and supportive members of the forum, for helping to bring this tuning suite to the Chrysler line of vehicles!
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 06-16-2014 at 08:58 PM.

  3. #3
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    6
    Great news that this is working well on the srt4's.


    Boostjunky.. on the aem.. the eeproms are easily available, pull one out of a working ems, read the bin file, save it and if you ever fry one use a 27sf512 in its place.

  4. #4
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdogg View Post
    Great news that this is working well on the srt4's.


    Boostjunky.. on the aem.. the eeproms are easily available, pull one out of a working ems, read the bin file, save it and if you ever fry one use a 27sf512 in its place.
    Thanks for the advice, Jdogg. I'll have to take a look into that.

    :thumbsup

  5. #5
    Boostjunkie, hold off on that boost sensors right now. I am having issues with the 3bar map/tip. I already sent support the info hope they can fix it soon. The boost cup is still at stock even if you alter it.

  6. #6
    Updates on the tuning . With the latest update from HPtuners, which allowed access to the boost tables. I was able to fix the issue I was having with cutting out . I finished tuning the car and I am very pleased with the results. The beta software is proving to be great and with more tables opening up this is going to be amazing.

    In addition I have been able to tune other vehicles and everything is working great. I even was able to tune a 2003. I think Hptuners may have already started mapping the 03 srt4.

  7. #7
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmlights View Post
    Updates on the tuning . With the latest update from HPtuners, which allowed access to the boost tables. I was able to fix the issue I was having with cutting out . I finished tuning the car and I am very pleased with the results. The beta software is proving to be great and with more tables opening up this is going to be amazing.

    In addition I have been able to tune other vehicles and everything is working great. I even was able to tune a 2003. I think Hptuners may have already started mapping the 03 srt4.
    MAP and TIP threshold values under "overboost control"?

    One more table I'd love to see in boost control is "desired torque x gear". Seems the CMR guys have access to that table. We currently have "torque x speed" which is better than nothing, but boost by gear is obviously much more effective.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    MAP and TIP threshold values under "overboost control"?

    One more table I'd love to see in boost control is "desired torque x gear". Seems the CMR guys have access to that table. We currently have "torque x speed" which is better than nothing, but boost by gear is obviously much more effective.
    actually there is only by speed. CMR only has it boost by speed.

  9. #9
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmlights View Post
    actually there is only by speed. CMR only has it boost by speed.
    Interesting, Duster360 from srtforums (pretty sure you are familiar with who that is) claims there is a gear table, I messaged him about it specifically, and he seemed to verify that it was there.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Interesting, Duster360 from srtforums (pretty sure you are familiar with who that is) claims there is a gear table, I messaged him about it specifically, and he seemed to verify that it was there.
    There is a rpm table which is the main one used to control the boost per each RPM. But to control gear there is not only speed with the TQ table.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmlights View Post
    CMR only has it boost by speed,,,,,, to control gear there is not only speed with the TQ table.

    Interesting because I've been selling perfectly functioning PCM controlled Boost by Gear tunes for over 4 years.

    Boost by Gear works quite well and is a separate function. Every Srt4 PCM has a Gear table but I don't think Stage 2 and 3 PCM use it even though it just needs filled out to be active

    There are about 5-6 tables that work together to control torque[boost]. Gear[NOV] is just one.


    You guys got a long row to hoe but you'll get there.
    Last edited by duster360; 07-08-2014 at 10:16 PM.

  12. #12
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2
    is there a place to change for bigger injectors

  13. #13
    Senior Tuner
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by TDCCustoms View Post
    is there a place to change for bigger injectors
    Yes.

  14. #14
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Yes.
    im sorry i should have been more specific and asked how to change for bigger injectors i did not see a
    place but i am new to hp tuners and have mostly just done 05-09 mustangs which is what we
    specialize in

  15. #15
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2
    Just looking into doing my first stock srt-4 tuning tomorrow on the dyno, and I have been going through some of the tables.
    why does the timing table start at 8 and go to 33 psi?
    also why are the FA tables starting a 0.9 and going to 3.0 and they are only labled x axis...is this not p ratio?

    im a newbie to Chrysler tuning.

    thanks for any help.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    Just looking into doing my first stock srt-4 tuning tomorrow on the dyno, and I have been going through some of the tables.
    why does the timing table start at 8 and go to 33 psi?
    also why are the FA tables starting a 0.9 and going to 3.0 and they are only labled x axis...is this not p ratio?

    im a newbie to Chrysler tuning.

    thanks for any help.
    Good talking to you.

    WOT timing is in psia. so 8psia or 60kPa is jsut for WOT. Part throttle has its own timing table from ~20kPa up to ~150kPa.

    FA for PE doesn't start until .9 Pr. At all other times its at stoich, right?

  17. #17
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    605
    Does anyone have any insight as to what "EPP Count" stands for? It is found in the Torque Management tab under Turbocharger Overboost Control "Error by MAP" and "Error by TIP" tables, as well as some limters found just below those tables named "MAP Max EPP" and "TIP Max EPP".

    Any insight into this would be helpful. Thanks!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Does anyone have any insight as to what "EPP Count" stands for? It is found in the Torque Management tab under Turbocharger Overboost Control "Error by MAP" and "Error by TIP" tables, as well as some limters found just below those tables named "MAP Max EPP" and "TIP Max EPP".

    Any insight into this would be helpful. Thanks!
    I wanted to know the same thing. I finally got around playing with the boost and figured out an issue. I got the issue that you were having too. I disconnected the tip and it worked fine. Before disconnecting the tip I tried to play with all the settings. It seems that there is another table that we are not able to get to that has a limit set to it. I will be emailing support about this soon see if they can shed insight.


    Have you got anywhere with the boost yet. I was able to control the boost by MPH

  19. #19
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmlights View Post
    I wanted to know the same thing. I finally got around playing with the boost and figured out an issue. I got the issue that you were having too. I disconnected the tip and it worked fine. Before disconnecting the tip I tried to play with all the settings. It seems that there is another table that we are not able to get to that has a limit set to it. I will be emailing support about this soon see if they can shed insight.


    Have you got anywhere with the boost yet. I was able to control the boost by MPH
    I've gotten somewhere, but I'm not sure it's where I want to be, just yet. Boost seems to be very inconsistent. One hit it will be around the ballpark I would expect, then next, it's way down. Then hit it again, and it's overboosting to hell.

    I wish we could log all the enhanced PIDs, as this would simplify figuring out what is holding us back. Being able to log the final commanded torque (after all modifiers have been applied) as well as all the individual torque command tables and some commanded vs actual boost duty cycle values would be immensely helpful in this situation.

  20. #20
    what you need to try and do is disable the overboost tables and the torque put it all the way up. this will allow full control of boost be the WG dyty cycle. I have been able to get the boost very consistent.

    All of that will come with the full release of the 2.26