Thread: 2014 5.3 magnuson tune

Advanced Tuner

2014 5.3 magnuson tune

Greetings

Anyone has the 3bar tune for de kit? Customer does not want to wait 1 week for delivery to mexico of the ecu.

is it possibel to tune one bar and just remove map overvoltage and map/maf correlation?

Thanks for your help

Tuner in Training
    you can tune the one bar map, maggie did it in the tune they provided me. Here are my notes when I compared them:
    They disabled the flex fuel sensor, not that I can't reenable but thought they said it would work.

Humidity sensor also disabled, not sure why either way as it's a new input for the e98 ecm's.

PE 1.2% increase in higher rpm's, usually like it when tuners never touch this but it is what is.

Piston slap spark adjust also disabled? Interesting?

A 1-2 degree timing increase in the higher airflow rates from 3400-6000, seems normal.

Timing for high IAT's seems to drop from –10, to -5 and scaled accordingly down to –1 70* degrees.

P Engine Torque tables changed heavily from realistic values, to very low negative value in the –5000 range?
    Would this be to manipulate the torque based model of the newer generation ecm's?

Changes in airflow coolant sensors as to not fail from readings outside of range, and expected changes to airflow calculations. Normal in boosted applications.

Trans shift times are faster and sooner, not by much but a little. The shift pressure looks to be up a notch and the TCC engagement is bit higher and lower respectively. Also remove tq reduction in upshifts, hmmm…
    I am bit hesitant to mess with the trans tune too much, as I have not found a good tune for these that does not hunt for gears and fall on its face between certain shifts.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by thewrx View Post
    you can tune the one bar map, maggie did it in the tune they provided me. Here are my notes when I compared them:
    They disabled the flex fuel sensor, not that I can't reenable but thought they said it would work.

Humidity sensor also disabled, not sure why either way as it's a new input for the e98 ecm's.

PE 1.2% increase in higher rpm's, usually like it when tuners never touch this but it is what is.

Piston slap spark adjust also disabled? Interesting?

A 1-2 degree timing increase in the higher airflow rates from 3400-6000, seems normal.

Timing for high IAT's seems to drop from –10, to -5 and scaled accordingly down to –1 70* degrees.

P Engine Torque tables changed heavily from realistic values, to very low negative value in the –5000 range?
    Would this be to manipulate the torque based model of the newer generation ecm's?

Changes in airflow coolant sensors as to not fail from readings outside of range, and expected changes to airflow calculations. Normal in boosted applications.

Trans shift times are faster and sooner, not by much but a little. The shift pressure looks to be up a notch and the TCC engagement is bit higher and lower respectively. Also remove tq reduction in upshifts, hmmm…
    I am bit hesitant to mess with the trans tune too much, as I have not found a good tune for these that does not hunt for gears and fall on its face between certain shifts.

Any chance you could post the tune Magnuson sent? Id like to compare a few things on it
    2001 Z06 - Forged 347ci LS6, 10.8:1 SCR, TSP 233/239 113LSA, Centerforce DF 12" clutch, Rear end Brace, LPE Hardened output shaft, LPE Launch Control, Ported 243's, B&B bullets, Kooks 1 7/8 Lts, NA 446 Rwhp/406 RWTQ, Nitrous Outlet Plate Kit 725/685wtq

2006 BOM GTO M6 - Lingenfelter Maggie 112H Package, Pedder Big Bore Kit, Rear Insert, Monster Stage 3 Clutch, SLP LMII, Kooks LTs, AIS Meth Kit, 230/236 Blower Cam, 9 PSI Etc.......... 540Rwhp/542Rwtq

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO View Post
    Any chance you could post the tune Magnuson sent? Id like to compare a few things on it
    I am not sure I feel comfortable just handing out some other vendor's tune. I'll ask and if they say ok then sure. I am all for open source community, but that is someone's time and money, especially on such a new platform.