Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: ZF 6HP26 TCM - Now Supported in 2.25 Beta

Tuner
    anyone worked out the TCC tables and numbers and played with them?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Huddo View Post
    anyone worked out the TCC tables and numbers and played with them?
    Try here!

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...lutch+software

Tuner
    thanks
    have you tried those numbers?
    what are the numbers, engine speed, output shaft speed? or current to a solenoid?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes I have just loaded them into my car and done a quick test you can feel that the torque converter is not comming in at low speed/RPM. The vehicle I tested them in does not have a problem but I have another vehicle that does and will be making these changes over the next week to see if it solves this vehicles problems.

Too many questions!!! for which I have no answers, however given 8000 is unlocked and 0 is locked I assume the in between numbers refer to a speed reference(output shaft rpm? engine rpm?) While it appears it will fix the indicated problem I am sure once it is understood what these numbers mean and with the aid of the new logging software (couldn't help myself) the changes can be transitioned in and out for further refinement.
    Last edited by Yortt; 09-12-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Do you fully understand why dan has posted that data ?

Do u realise its 100% solely based on a circle D converter characteristics ?

This is one reason dan should not post data even tho he has stated many times that he is only doing this for his customers and what an effort he goes to !

Starting to punch in calibrations to converter lock/unlock is one thing but you need to be aware that there is very tiny room for error with the zf stock converters "lock" and is always something that can end up costly, remember if u force unlock or lock and cant get it to swing back at any time it may be to late for that bad boy !!

If u know why and how the circle D needs to work ull understand how this is really not even close for the stock zf converter
    Last edited by JETURBO; 09-13-2014 at 03:56 AM.
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    Do you fully understand why dan has posted that data ?

Do u realise its 100% solely based on a circle D converter characteristics?
    Irrespective of his motives his first outline is for the "circle D' his second is for a stock converter.

This is one reason dan should not post data even tho he has stated many times that he is only doing this for his customers and what an effort he goes to !

I would suggest making changes such as those Dan has indicated is a much better way to approach a new tuning area as he has described the logic behind the changes which appears plausible rather than a blind trial and error approach from scratch

Starting to punch in calibrations to converter lock/unlock is one thing but you need to be aware that there is very tiny room for error with the zf stock converters "lock" and is always something that can end up costly, remember if u force unlock or lock and cant get it to swing back at any time it may be to late for that bad boy !!

If you look closely he has either unlocked the converter or locked the converter in appropriate areas in a uniform way this admittedly is a broad blanket patch however logic would seem to indicate it will fix the described issues certainly with appropriate scanning ability the specific areas could be addressed eliminating the issue without losing the benefits off the original fords engineers intention.

If u know why and how the circle D needs to work ull understand how this is really not even close for the stock zf converter
    Based on the law of averages if any one knows how the operational characteristics of the "circle D" converter works I would suspect it would be Dan

Advanced Tuner
    This is one reason dan should not post data !
    Should he be making everyone learn the hard way Jet?

No if u own a circle D of course you should be able to get the data but openly posting specs for every monkey to see and hope it works on a non stalled application is where information can be dangerous

But i fully support you doing a cut n past of his file and letting us know how it goes
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons

Tuner
    Jet,
    Where is this information on how a circle D operation found?
    I am guessing other people like myself would like to learn the operational characteristics.

Advanced Tuner
    Just let everyone do their thing Jet.

Contrary to what you think Jet, the more tuning information that is provided, the less likely someone is to hurt their engine as opposed to your belief where you think people need to learn the hard way by not providing information.

The guys who are on the forums, reading what they can need all the help they can get as there is more than enough to learn. And in turn when they become masters, I hope they impart the information they learn. Thats how it should work Jet.

Theres a massive differance between letting people go bull out of a gate and me quietly watching saying nothing... This would be a true cunt act

All ive done over and over again is show the warning signs that beginners ( and some advanced ) migh not of known

Ive pointed out numerous times in many aspects where the "land mines" are, the rest is up to them to negotiate ...

Would it be more productive to not share the countless hrs ive spent going around in circles over the years ?
    The fact is if someone tells you what does not work your clearly left with what does work but how you get there needs to be up to the individual because there most definately is more than one way to calibrate and iam NOT sitting here telling people they got it wrong ( unless its clear they are ) but making some KEY points into not fucking up an irreversible zf calibration that would leave most saying " fuck i wish i knew that first "

Advanced Tuner
    Would it be more productive to not share the countless hrs ive spent going around in circles over the years ?
    The fact is if someone tells you what does not work your clearly left with what does work but how you get there needs to be up to the individual because there most definately is more than one way to calibrate and iam NOT sitting here telling people they got it wrong ( unless its clear they are ) but making some KEY points into not ???????? up an irreversible zf calibration that would leave most saying " ???? i wish i knew that first "
    Quick question, how many years have you been calibrating the ZF and with what software? Also inquisitive to see if you got a course with the software as well. I know Herrods tells their tuners what not to do as a part of their course and understand they had some issues on the way to releasing the software.

I have found out that it is real easy to make the car really responsive just by changing the shift pattern tables but the eagerness to change down stuffs highway cruising. However the car was much less harsh changing gears than the factory tune. I have put it back to stock for the time being to analyse what was good/bad.

Check the date

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/to.../?fromsearch=1

Walking before running and been apart of it from day dot, my own f6 was the first tuned in SA but back then it was tuned by heinrich performance here in sa, i happily donated my car ( knowing it could be destroyed very quickly ) to have gains no one else had yet done, infact iam surprised my car is still in one piece ( 192,000kms ) as its spent a bulk amount of its life being "R&D'd" ( pushed 60's and 1x044 further than anyone lol )

Had everything from snapping 2-3 change so hard at cruise throttle it would break traction hard ! All the way back to small firm bumps along like nothing had been changed

The zf is a brilliant box but the calibration can be a tricky beast and all iam doing is pointing out what i first hand know and have been apart of from day 1

Yeh sure there are tuners out there who have done a coupla thousand zf tunes now but none of them post here or even know how to use hp as a ford calibration option

Again i dont know it all but there isnt a great deal i haven't done

Tuner
    why is there no shift table 33?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylC View Post
    Quick question, how many years have you been calibrating the ZF and with what software?
    Based on his response, he has never tuned a ZF.

Tuner
    why is there no shift table 33?
    any reason?

Advanced Tuner
    any reason?
    Good pick up. According to an earlier post by Eirc there is supposed to be 52 shift patterns but as it stands now there is only 51. I suspect it is a labelling error.
    Last edited by DarrylC; 09-15-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    After that whole deal with the 3rd Reich Ze Germans are a bit touchy about labelling anything with a 3.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Does anyone have an FG F6 transmission tune read I can have a copy of ?
    thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I got a 2013 ecoLPI 6speed file yesterday if anyone wants to look at it let me know & i'll post it up here!

The Engine section had a checksum error so it still needs to be configured to be able to do anything with it & VIN says its at 2028, look out it's space age!