Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ZF 6HP26 TCM - Now Supported in 2.25 Beta

We have a handful of reads. I am going to start on the definition tomorrow. Hopefully it does not take very long to do.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Two weeks
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    Two weeks
    Maybe. Might not be that long, depends on how many parameters I decide to put in the software.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

You may be aware or unaware but you can permanently damage a zf transmission beyond repair if you calibrate it wrong, this is why sct run a specific training course before they open up the files to sct users/tuners

Iam still playing with a customers zf that had been so badly calibrated its bin time and needs a rebuild, some thought this was sct "scaring" people to do the course but its VERY true

Iam aware this goes for engine calibration but anyone undertaking an ecu re calibration SHOULD at least have some idea to how/what/when/why but with the zf someone will have to be the test pig to find out what table will do what and where that limit is !!!

Now who has their hand up ?
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons

You may be aware or unaware but you can permanently damage a zf transmission beyond repair if you calibrate it wrong, this is why sct run a specific training course before they open up the files to sct users/tuners

Iam still playing with a customers zf that had been so badly calibrated its bin time and needs a rebuild, some thought this was sct "scaring" people to do the course but its VERY true

Iam aware this goes for engine calibration but anyone undertaking an ecu re calibration SHOULD at least have some idea to how/what/when/why but with the zf someone will have to be the test pig to find out what table will do what and where that limit is !!!

Now who has their hand up ?
    We provide a tool, nothing more. You can tear up a transmission with a wrench as well. Up to you to be educated on the correct way to use it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    What does the ZF look like Jet? send some pics through. They aren't hard to rebuilt

Tuner
    If only they let us mere mortals in on the course, I'd definitely be in on it

Advanced Tuner
    If the market is there Mario would probably run a tuning course. The introductory one I did isn't worth the money and was focused on the GM product, hopefully now once Bill/Eric get the 2.25 version out with the sweet ford support, Mario and the guys at VCM suite OZ might run a good Ford course. Having the modded SCT TCM tunes will be a big part in getting these trans to last. The hardware side isn't a problem.

Tuner
    45T-XR

Eric has the tunes.....

Have any of you guys had much experience tuning this TCM yourself?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

2 weeks might be about right.

Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't had any experience, but the people that did bugsy's TCM tune obviously have & seeing he has 2 different TCM tunes along with the STOCK file I'm guessing those differences as a minimum for a start than I guess work it out from there with common changes?

I'm just trying to make sense of some of the data I have. Is there a sport mode or something on the shifter?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Yes eric there is a sport mode. D position is normal auto mode, then you slide it across for a performance auto mode, then from there you can either leave it in perf auto, or manually up/downshift. If we could find a way to lock them in a selected gear or remove the auto downshift in manual mode that would be good. I cringe everytime I see a bit hp car on the dyno and they dont have much experience with them and they go for the bit 4-3rd kickdown on the dyno lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    Yes eric there is a sport mode. D position is normal auto mode, then you slide it across for a performance auto mode, then from there you can either leave it in perf auto, or manually up/downshift. If we could find a way to lock them in a selected gear or remove the auto downshift in manual mode that would be good. I cringe everytime I see a bit hp car on the dyno and they dont have much experience with them and they go for the bit 4-3rd kickdown on the dyno lol.
    OK, that makes sense, as I am seeing a separate set of tables for certain things. I'll make sure I add them all.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

The sport mode iirc lifts shift pressure in the ballpark of 10% firmer over normal "D" mode so figures should represent that

The sport mode iirc lifts shift pressure in the ballpark of 10% firmer over normal "D" mode so figures should represent that
    Ok. If I added everything, you could effictively have one mode drive normal, and one that's really firm.

Tuner
    If its 2 weeks until I can get my trans to shift like it did with the sct I will be a very happy Hp tuner customer.
    I hope the files have helped.

Advanced Tuner
    Iam still playing with a customers zf that I had calibrated so badly its bin time and needs a rebuild, some thought this was sct "scaring" people to do the course but its VERY true

In true form, it has taken you quite some time to make a "funny"

Must be reflective of your riddle solving skills .......

Well done you get a lollypop