Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LNF Starter Flash

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    You just need to move the maf sensor to be after the blow off valve.

Tuner in Training
    how far from the bov shoul I install the MAF?

8"+
    people sell relocation charge pipes that put it in front of the throttle body.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 01-05-2019 at 04:44 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    I was comparing my file with your and found that the proportional max tables are different, why is that?

My table
    mytable.jpg

Your Table
    yourstable.jpg

Gm stage 2 kit

Tuner in Training
    ok, so long story short:
    1: Back in 2010, I purchased and installed a "stage 1" kit that included new sensors. I had a local dyno/tunner install/reflash the car with 301whp as a result. I loved this tune but I lost my original tune file in the processes as the dyno closed for good before I realize that this was important to keep.

2: after a few months, I had to take the car to the dealer and they ended up re-flashing the computer back to stock.

3: A member of a local cobalt club offers me to reflash the car back to stage 1, power comes back, spikes to 24psi. I see a little white smoke coming from exhaust each time I finish a pull

4: Engine breaks due to knock, 3 years of saving for upgrades and new engine, fast forward today

Is stage 2 an update from the first stage, if an update, do I still use the same sensors? am I better off licensing your file so I can use it on my car or do I keep my file?

I have been 2 months reading about all this and I am very grateful for all the information, I am very close to start calibrating (after 6 years of storage, the car only has 29k miles on it!!) but I want to avoid more mistakes. I included a link to my current tune file for reference: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Nh...ew?usp=sharing

you never license a file other than your own. licensing any other file will almost be a guaranteed way to brick your ecu.
    all you should be doing is copying tables and pasting them into your file. that prevents all the errors.

it depends on which sensors you have. i can run a stage 2 tune file with the stock sensors. if you have a true stage 2 file it will be coded for 3 bar map and charge pipe sensors. if you go into the tune repository, select a 2008 chevy cobalt 2.0L. In the files that show up is one of my files labeled as LNF GM Performance File. in red letters next to it you should see it say STOCK. That file is a true GMP file with 3 bar sensor information. If you need to go back to stock values copy the tables into your tune and you should be good to go.

Tuner in Training
    After tinkering a little, i found a way to edit the tables so they can match your tune!
    columeditp1.jpg
    then the next window pups up, allowing me to change the column values!
    columeditp2.jpg

I hope I am not screwing something up by doing this

i dont know if it will work that way. as i remember from version 3 axis editing didnt always work on the e69 ecu.
    you can give it a try.

Potential Tuner
    Has anyone else had a chance to use this file? The values are crazy different from every other tune I've seen.

Potential Tuner

Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by TurboKlown View Post
    Has anyone else had a chance to use this file? The values are crazy different from every other tune I've seen.
    What is included in a "stage 2" kit?