Thread: 2009 GMC Acadia, requesting access failed

2009 GMC Acadia, requesting access failed

As the topic says, when I connect to do a read via editor, I get this message. I'll attach a screenshot, the Acadia is showing up as an Envoy. I downloaded v. 2.24 today, and the interface updated OK. I have no problems connecting to my laptop, and do not have another laptop to try. The VCM scanner reads the vehicle OK, I can read some DTCs stored.

I've read through some older threads here where this was a problem and the consensus was the VCM is tunerlocked. We've owned this vehicle since new, and it has never had the VCM modified, so it can't be tunerlocked. I've also waited up to 30 seconds before trying to connect with the same result, and retrying it gives the security access denied message in the attached screenshot.

This vehicle does not show up as supported on the main vehicle list, but a post by Bill in April 2014 said it was now supported. I'll copy the relevant part-
    04-16-2014 Additional V6 support released

Some of you may have already received an email from me in the last day or so but recently we released support for a ton of new vehicles so I'm starting a list of the newest
    (non-relevant vehicles deleted)
    09-11 GMC Acadia V6

Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Currently (2020) swapping an LM4 5.3 and an older 4L80 into a Dodge Durango. My prior projects include Chevy Gen 1 V8 into an FB RX-7, Gen 3 V8s into an FC RX-7, a MK3 Supra, a BMW E34, and an LT1 into a 280Z. Still have the Datsun, a 383 LT4 Trans Am, and some bikes.

You need to e-mail support and request access to 2.25. Your vehicle is not supported by 2.24.

Thank you, that is welcome info.
    Currently (2020) swapping an LM4 5.3 and an older 4L80 into a Dodge Durango. My prior projects include Chevy Gen 1 V8 into an FB RX-7, Gen 3 V8s into an FC RX-7, a MK3 Supra, a BMW E34, and an LT1 into a 280Z. Still have the Datsun, a 383 LT4 Trans Am, and some bikes.

2.25 did the trick for me, thanks.