Thread: 01 l67 Grand Prix, rebuild and I could use some help.(injectors mostly)

Potential Tuner

Question 01 l67 Grand Prix, rebuild and I could use some help.(injectors mostly)

I have a full rebuild coming together and I have no idea where to start with this tuner. I am planning on at least starting this for the first time this weekend. 2001 Pontiac grand prix with everything but a cam pretty much. p&p blower, intake, slp headers, full 3" exhaust, 1.9 rockers, modular pulley system with 3.4~2.9 pulleys,coupler, zzp 1" intercooler, LIM coolant block off and bypass, hayden 516 trans cooler, zzp over-sized aluminum radiator, colder plugs, zzp 10.5 wires, egr removed and blocked off, hi flow cat, TEP transmission with 3.29 gears, aem uego wideband, 60# deka injectors, and a load of other small things I cant even think of at the moment.

The last time the car ran was prior to the transmission, injectors, egr removal, plugs, wires, wideband, trans cooler and a few other small things. It ran for a long time knowing full well the injectors were maxxed out, then the trans decided it wanted to be in more pieces than I like. So after several months of rebuilding on only Saturdays I now have the fear of even turning the key.

The computer was last tuned by Charles from DHP himself around 10~12 years ago. I don't recall the date. and that "DHP 1.0" tune was modified a little bit a year or so later so I don't believe the tune is tuner locked.( I pray the damn thing says the correct year, as 2001 GP has already been unlocked on my tuner.) But now with a new transmission and larger injectors I plan on switching over to an e85 tune and squeezing a few more from this thing. Unfortunately I open this brand new tuner magic machine and really have no idea what I am looking at.

I don't have the wideband installed yet, and the exhaust is straight off the rear header at the moment, ill get that put together and welded up probably next week so tuning isn't the question just yet. What I really need to know is what numbers to put in where to get this thing started for the first time in a long time with premium fuel in the tank now, and then what I need to do to fill it up with e85?

Please advise, I'de hate to be down for months and piles of more cash because of my own mistakes.

run the premium out of the tank then fill with e85
    04 Grand Prix Comp G. zzp headers, s1x cam, fsic, lq4 maf, 3.25"