Thread: GS ute throttle hang

Tuner

GS ute throttle hang

I played with a friends GS Falcon ute today, it is governed at 50* throttle. I adjusted it to get full throttle (80*) and adjusted all the TPS sensor Max Voltages so it wouldn't go into a limp mode, drives fine, but since doing this the idle hangs in P/N once you touch the throttle i.e. idling in the driveway. but put it in gear the back to P/N it is fine until you touch the throttle.
    also what is the TPS Accumulated Error Max? it throws a code and goes into a limp mode if you leave this standard

ive attatched the stock file and the modified file, have a look and tell me what you think

for the record, I have made the exact same changes to a GT yet it doesn't do this

GSFalconUte.hptGSFalconUte1.4.hpt

Iam on my phone but please tell me u used a knock box and adjusted the timing before u opened up that throttle blade degree .......
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Tuner
    Ohhh ooo.. No I didn't, but from watching the timing on any WOT runs the computer wasn't taking any timing out? I'll have to have a look at the logs but from memory it seen a max of 17* And I definitely couldn't hear any (but then again im obviously not a knock listening device)

Btw that's on the "too buy list" along with one of those learn at home tuning courses from "the Tuning School"

Peppy heres a hot tip

Put it back to stock and have a think why ive said what ive said , thats number 1

Next up learn about the s/c 5.0 and ull find it has a dump style valve , u should work out the rest

Next sct logs sweet fark all on these cars so get very used to using stand along logging methods !!

Lots more learning goes along way and i fully support anyone whose keen to learn but the big thing is that anyone pulls back and thinks about every single change they plan on doing on a calibration and what effect it should or will have and then WHY

Sometimes doing nothing but logging ( not this vehicle mainly ) and reading is more valuable than changing stuff

Read , read , and read more u can never know enough when trying to make a educated change in the ecu
    Last edited by JETURBO; 06-21-2014 at 04:56 AM.
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons

Tuner
    I see, I did return it to stock as I wasn't happy with the idle

And the rest is noted! Thanks mate

Sometimes i can sound condescending but iam not really just trying to point in a direction

Ill be an arse right up front if iam going to be lol

This is one we did and learnt alot from and be phucked if u can hear anything engine related without data
    And my mate did the vid so the text is from his mouth not mine but all the same she did after this video come up nice but be farked if ill use a Keep Paying Money fuel system again

http://youtu.be/iucNteRq3rw

Tuner
    Funnily enough that is how I have always been taught (my father) so I'm used to it..

Ahh, I think I read the progress of this ute in "j@ts tuning thread".. I'll have to sit down and have a look at everything with a clear head.

So logging the "ignition timing Advance" PID and watching where the computer is taking timing out is not a very efficient way of calibrating a timing map?

Well for my sake, I hope my fuel system lasts
    Last edited by Peppy_t; 06-21-2014 at 05:50 AM.

Ull get false results using live link for correct timing map don't care what anyone says bud

And watch the hell out of that dissolving fuel system dude, it will get noisy first

Tuner
    Jet in regaurds to your first comment, do you mean that by me commanding more throttle but leaving the load points in the "load with failed maf" the same may cause too much timing and possible knock, or even overboost? Or am I way off?

Tuner
    Also does anyone have a description on TPS Accumulated Error Max?

Well there are a "few" issues with creating more "load" at sooner "rpm"

Have a think about the "speed" density

If u do understand it and id say u have a good understanding of the load and what its doing in a turbo application you would know the answer 5x over, so say if i gave u 1/2 throttle blade displacement on a bfxr6t what would u expect your rpm vs load to look like ? Would it be a fast or slow boosting application ?

Tuner
    ok so the standard calibration has been set up with the throttle blade only opening up 50* so the boost/load would ramp up slowly. if you give it full throttle it will be much quicker to come on boost (load up).
    I finally got to look at the file again and compared it to mine, so by the looks of it ill need to take timing out of the low load points to make it look more like the 6T borderline table, otherwise it will have way too much timing at those points?

Tuner
    Just to update, The throttle hang issue was due to a cracked hose at the back of the supercharger, it would move around, causing the issue to come and go...

As a hot tip i like to data log a car before tuning to see if there is anything funny before playing with a calibration

Its amazing the things ull find at the start

Tuner
    I agree, and I did exactly that, also look over everything mechanically before I touch anything... it just deteriorated over the day while I played with it.. Just one of those things I guess

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    As a hot tip i like to data log a car before tuning to see if there is anything funny before playing with a calibration

Its amazing the things ull find at the start
    What PIDS do you log to look for issues like missing cooler mounts?
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

I think its 404

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but today I was comparing files given out at VCM tuner course & noticed a S/c 5L tune they had the "ALMOST" exact throttle blade changes to what you did in your tune Peppy... is that just a coincidence or did they tell you about the mod's & also makes me wonder what's different to make there's not hang unless it did & was just blind changes & I doubt that.

EDIT; just noticed the throttle hang was unrelated!

Tuner
    I actually spent alot of time getting those figures, from memory I think I comapred it to a 6t table, made adjustments, then made it lineal with the tool, tested it out until it felt right.. So no I didn't have any help, but it's good to see I'm on the right track.. Do you think you can send me the file you received?

And yea the hang was mechanical

Advanced Tuner
    Here's the file I was talking about, no responsibility as I have not used or tested it!
    Attached Files Attached Files