Thread: unlocking tuner locked ecm with tuners password?

unlocking tuner locked ecm with tuners password?

Gday All...

Its just a quick question that I am pretty sure I have answered but here goes....
    My ecm (E38) was locked by the tuner (mechanic)... Being a top bloke that he is (and that is the honest truth) , he was more than happy to supply me with unlock key so I could try to use my own set up on my own car..
    Now from what I know because he locked it he is the only one that can "play" with it even though he gave me the unlock code?
    Im a little confused to why even though he passed on the unlock code why I cannot read the tune file with my MPVI pro ?
    Unfortunately due to a serious back injury and the distance to get to my mechanic I am going to find it very hard to actually get to him anywhrere in the near future, hence why he was more than happy to help me out...
    Perhaps Im doing something wrong , but I would be more than happy to any response's...

Thanks

Justin
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    only his interface can unlock a pcm he's tunerlocked.

Thanks Bill... Looks like a day trip down to see him ..lol
    Thanks again
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Hey mate my tuner gave me a code I used it read the file to my computer when I go to load it it has an issue saying that the file is Locked on tuner lock I had the code it read my file I can't go and open it his inter face is being re loaded atm he doesn't have can he use the file on his pc in lock it then be ok to email to me if he was cool ?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-24-2023 at 09:46 AM.