Thread: 4.2l I6 Trailblazer throttle body opening slowly

Tuner

4.2l I6 Trailblazer throttle body opening slowly

I see that on the I6 trailblazers the throttle body opens slowly. I see that EFI Live hase a way to correct this. I guess they use B2804 table. I have never used there software. Is there a way to correct this in hptuners as well. I have done some looking. If there is a thread on this please direct me.

thanks,

Mike

Potential Tuner
    I would like to know that too????

Tuner
    There is a way but I am beginning to think hptuners doesn't support it. :-(

Advanced Tuner
    First, what PCM are we talking about here? Year of the TrailBlazer please.

02-05 P10- B2804 in a P10 (02-05) is the Octane Scaler which has 0 impact on throttle opening. To adjust the throttle opening speed, it's tied into Torque Management. Look under Engine and Transmission -> Torque Management, HPT has the tables (and then a few more).

P12 (06-07) are different and dont have that table, I havent tuned one so cant help you there.

E67 (08-09) has B2804 as the throttle rate table which WILL impact throttle opening. For HPT, Engine -> Airflow -> Electronic throttle -> Area rate opening limits.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner
    I have an 04 trailblazer with the b2804 pcm. Ok Awesome information. I think i have torque management pretty well disabled for the most part. i will look into in to see what all tables are there. Thanks ScarabEpic22

Advanced Tuner
    If you want, post your tune and Ill verify you've removed all the TM.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...

Potential Tuner
    Hello, everyone. I need your help. It is necessary to speed up the throttle operation. P10. Trailblazer L6 2005. I didn't work with the program before. What needs to be changed in Torque Management? what numbers should be?

Advanced Tuner
    Replied to your PM. Post your tune here and I can make suggestions.
    ~Erik~