Thread: Changing from GTO MAF to Z06 MAF, MAF table changes?

Tuner in Training

Changing from GTO MAF to Z06 MAF, MAF table changes?

Hello, newbie here. I have been googling for days and I can't seem to get a definitive answer to my problem. I had to change the intake on my miata from an underhood arrangement with a GTO MAF to a Z06 into-the-bumper-supports with a Z06 style MAF. Do I need to retune the MAF tables? I presume so as the pigtail and sensors are different.

From this:

to:

To be honest, I really want the stock tune and nothing more, so I'm not interested in deriving a table from wideband O2 sensor readings. I want 100% OEM drivability.

Yes, you will need to retune the maf table.
    http://www.casperselectronics.com/st...cts_id=1096Yes
    Here is the maf harness.
    I'll let someone else chime in on maf table. I'd assume deriving the maf table via wideband would get you the best drivability.
    What does the rest of the air intake system look like?
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned

Tuner in Training
    I.e., is it really as easy as copy/pasting the data in the low and high tables from a Z06 to my file?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, snowvette. It is a stock C6 Z06 intake tube with the corresponding Z06 MAF.

If you are using the stock intake then I'd think the stock maf tables for the Zo6 should get you pretty close. There may be some more tables that need adjuting such as the iat sensor table, it may read a little different from one maf to the other.

Tuner in Training
    Excellent point - I didn't think of IAT being different.

I've done the same maf swap on my TrailBlazer SS and it works great.

You need to fully copy the Z06 IAT table... The x and y axis data. Start with the stock z06 mad table. And maf tune as prescribed in the stickies. Make sire you disable V.E while doing so.

There's no need for harness you can Repin quicker than it takes you to go to a mailbox and grab the package from Casper's.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GXPLS4 View Post
    Make sire you disable V.E while doing so.
    OK, I've been thinking about this for a couple days and I still don't get it. I have not modified the engine whatsoever and want a completely stock tune - why would I disable VE? Are you suggesting that I use the O2 sensor data to tune the VE table?

No I'm saying disable ve while doing maf tuning. Afterwards you can return to normal.

Tuner in Training
    OK, you guys have been incredibly helpful. I have one more query . . .

I downloaded a stock Z06 HP tuners file and exported the MAF high, MAF low, and IAT tables. When I turned the key to ignition so I could adjust the tune, the IAT reading on my MXL Pista read 125 degrees F (obviously wrong before the flash). After the flash it reads 20F (obviously MORE wrong). I haven't tried to start it yet because I know this will make it run like garbage.

This is the GTO IAT table that I was using:

This is the Z06 IAT table that I uploaded:

I did buy the MAF harness from Casper because I didn't want to hack up my harness anymore. Maybe it's pinned incorrectly - I'll check that tonight. But my first inclination is that I've done something horribly wrong.

It's easy enough to check the harness, I believe the pink and the black wire should be swapped. That's all you would have done to your stock harness.
    I recommended Caspers harness incase you ever had to put LS2 maf back on it would be plug and play to do so.

Tuner in Training
    +OK, I think I answered my own question. Exporting the table does not export the resistance values, only temperature data. Sorry!

Now I know why GXPLS4 so explicitly spelled out that I need to copy X and Y axes.
    Last edited by Uncleremus; 07-21-2014 at 12:24 PM.

sorry man didnt see your PM but yes you have the solution now.
    06 Grand Prix GXP, LS4-full bolt ons, Tuned by me