Thread: LS7 Swap trans help!

LS7 Swap trans help!

Hello Everyone;
    I just took my Chevelle for a ride for the first time after an LS7/4L70e swap.

The transmission is brand new and upgraded to handle the power, I bought the transmission from TrueTech transmissions and he guaranteed me to handle 600hp no problem.
    it has a 2800 stall yank converter.

1-2 shift hits really hard and wont let me go over 4k rpm, seems to shift right at 4000 or so.
    3-4 seem smooth but again wont let me go past 4k rpm
    Once cruising at 40-50 mph it will not downshift at all when I punch it, but when you come to a stop light it does go back to 1st gear.
    rear end is a posi 9" with 3.50 gears. my tire height is 28.1" I think that's set-up correctly on the tune.

I got this harness/ecm set-up from PSI conversions and this is the tune it came with.
    can someone take a look at the tune and let me know where to start? I am a noob with HP tuners but I am eager to learn..

Please let me know any feedback you may have.
    Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Are you referring to WOT up/down shifts? If not, you will have to log some part throttle shifting.

Your tune is commanding WOT 1-2 shift at 36 MPH. Based on your rear gear, tire size and 1st gear ratio, this would come out to around 4600 RPM. 2-3 shift would be around 4700. You probably just need to go through and raise your upshift/downshift values until it gets to where you want it.

Thank CSTune for you reply.

The car at WOT yes shifts 1-2 at around 4000 or so and 2-3 also around the same.
    But it will not downshift at all at any speed unless I come to a full stop.

Also 1-2 not at WOT is a very hard shift...as I mentioned before I am new to tuning and don't want to mess anything up.
    I really want to learn how to tune myself so I read forums every night but cant really find much on 4L70's or 4L60's..

I appreciate your help
    MK