Thread: Trailblazer SS. tuning stock motor

Tuner in Training

Trailblazer SS. tuning stock motor

looking for any assistance in re-tuning a 2008 Trailblazer SS. cold air intake, cat back exhaust that's it. looking to firm up the shifts and if possible get it to shift a little quicker. Also, would like to let the motor spin a little more, say about 6,900 rpm or so. how would I calculate the shift speed then if I let the motor rev a little more? And would messing with the VE table and MAF do anything for a stock motor, or should I leave it alone?
    03 silverado. 4.56 gears, 5.3 with LS1 Hotcam. Full K&N, dual flow masters with dual resonators. 5inch lift, 35" Kevlar Mtrs.

There is no reason to spin that motor more then 6400 rpm in stock form.
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned

Tuner in Training
    truck is stock and is hitting 6,700 right now. so ill leave that alone. I have my 5.3 at 6,000, which is more than stock. any other suggestions on the trans settings? already bumped the timing. would be nice to give him more low end power. Don't think that'll happen with changing gears or building the motor.
    03 silverado. 4.56 gears, 5.3 with LS1 Hotcam. Full K&N, dual flow masters with dual resonators. 5inch lift, 35" Kevlar Mtrs.

Tuner in Training
    awesome link, thanks snowvette!

Tuner in Training
    any other links like that for fuel economy? that step by step guide was very helpful. Most of the paramaters listed in HP tuners is different than what GM calls them. I tried looking in the sticky's and start here threads but im missing the good links

A good MAF and VE tune could net better mpgs, the gains will be small but that doesnt mean it shouldnt be done. You could also increase timing is spots were you are at when cruising on the freeway.

But first things first are maintence items like plugs/wires, filters, clean the MAF, new upstream o2 sensors if they are factory and over 75k miles. Things like that can go a long ways too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

40 psi in the tires, clean the throttle body and you can get pretty creative with when you lock the tcc.