Thread: 2014 Silverado TUTD down shifts on own when matted? Am i missing something?

Tuner

2014 Silverado TUTD down shifts on own when matted? Am i missing something?

All,

A search yielded some complaining of this issue and use of the bi-directional controls works for the dyno.

The issue is, i should be able to lock this thing into a gear i command and floor it and shouldn't take it upon its self to use the "normal" shift schedule for down shifts and give me the next lowest gear it feels makes sense. It should stay the course i told it to!

I did revise the settings found in trans diag in this thread with NO change:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ight=hold+gear

Has anyone found the cure for this string of cancer affecting GM trans calibrations in these trucks? C7 Vette's will hold!? these trucks wont though! I don't want to have to use the scanner each time.

FWIW i also tried the C7 auto's TUTD settings with MPH way points to match the truck's needs incl TCC settings, it def held a gear but it was really awkward feeling, like it was hanging up between gears and the when you stuff it, it would screech lol, Not advisable method! I'm leaving it as is, but I'm sure I'm not alone here being able to accomplish this.

Every other brand of truck including diesel will hold the gear you tell it to no matter what...

Cal Attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 07-16-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    2007 Suburban - Slammed, Cammed, Geared and Stalled.