Thread: HP Tuners closed whil writing

Advanced Tuner

HP Tuners closed whil writing

Posting this for a buddy that having some trouble. Doesn't have an HPT forum account.

He has a 2009 Ford 150 5.4l that he just bought and put a leveling kit, wheels, and tires on. He changed tire size and went to flash the changed file. I believe he did a write entire instead of write calibration only. He walked away while it was writing, and when he came back, HPT was closed. Tried to start it up, and it won't try and crank. He then tried to connect back up to HPT and it won't connect.

Since he did a write entire and it possibly crashed while writing, is the computer done for? He said he had a guy with the ford dealership software come by and he couldn't get it to connect to his software either.

Any ideas guys? Told him he should have done a write calibration only so this wouldn't happen, but too late now.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Advanced Tuner
    Car battery good? Why walk away , it takes 2:30 to write entire.. Does the ecm initialize... any dash board lights?

Advanced Tuner
    He said someone pulled up in the driveway so he went to go meet them. Everything works, just won't crank and can't get a connection to the ecm.

Advanced Tuner
    Bad battery caused it. Still searching for a fix.

dont cycle the key, it might be stuck in a bootloader after the deletion of old OS image. When is says "power cycle key for 3 seconds off then back on" dont do that step, just click ok. My car did the exact same thing, I thought i bricked the pcm, worked when i did it that way.