Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Optimum Power Load at WOT - Coyote

Are saying the Cams go back to zero and out of OP schedule at high rpm on a shift? If this is an S197 thats one of the things the revlimit patch is supposed to fix.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    Are saying the Cams go back to zero and out of OP schedule at high rpm on a shift? If this is an S197 thats one of the things the revlimit patch is supposed to fix.
    Yes both int, Exh back to zero.

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune. It depends if VCT is disabling or not. I've only had VCT disable on me above 8000.

Set your Optimal Stability.
    opstab-2.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Post your tune. It depends if VCT is disabling or not. I've only had VCT disable on me above 8000.

Set your Optimal Stability.
    opstab-2.PNG
    VCT disabled and rev limit at 7800. I will give this a try and feedback .

Advanced Tuner
    Apply the rpm patch if you haven't and increase your limiter. I believe even though theres a patch, the limiter is not completely removed. I think theres a missing limiter for OP. I have my limiter set at 8400 rpm for 8000 rpm shifts. Honestly its hit or miss. I'll know if the cams went back to resting position becsuse after a quick 8000 rpm shift and I'm back 100% throttle. A second or two later, you'll feel a little jump in power from the cams leaving resting position to go back to their scheduled OP Timing.
    Keep the Optimum stability though. Depending on how you normally have optimal stability, if you have it zeroed out, vct will bring both cams back to 0 during a wot shift
    If you have 10 in optimal stability, your ivo will advance 30* during wot shift.
    If you have it set like the picture above, your ivo will advance to 30 degrees and evc will retard to 20*.
    I'd bet your op cam timing is closer to -30 and 20 than 0 and 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Apply the rpm patch if you haven't and increase your limiter. I believe even though theres a patch, the limiter is not completely removed. I think theres a missing limiter for OP. I have my limiter set at 8400 rpm for 8000 rpm shifts. Honestly its hit or miss. I'll know if the cams went back to resting position becsuse after a quick 8000 rpm shift and I'm back 100% throttle. A second or two later, you'll feel a little jump in power from the cams leaving resting position to go back to their scheduled OP Timing.
    Keep the Optimum stability though. Depending on how you normally have optimal stability, if you have it zeroed out, vct will bring both cams back to 0 during a wot shift
    If you have 10 in optimal stability, your ivo will advance 30* during wot shift.
    If you have it set like the picture above, your ivo will advance to 30 degrees and evc will retard to 20*.
    I'd bet your op cam timing is closer to -30 and 20 than 0 and 0.
    could you snapshot the rpm patch part

Advanced Tuner
    RPM-patch.PNG
    There's a nice warning when you apply it, this is how you do it.
    Open your tune. Only change what's in the picture to applied. Save File, completely exit the editor. Re-open the editor, open the file, flash the file, and never apply the patch or flash that tune again.
    If you flash to an old tune the patch will be disabled. You have to adjust everything from your old tune to this one with the patch applied to keep the patch.