Thread: LS2 idle when A/C is on question.

Advanced Tuner

LS2 idle when A/C is on question.

I've been reading a thread on LS2GTO.com, that some people have had trouble with a custom LS2Edit, were the car idles just fine until you turn on the A/C, then it goes up to 1500 RPM (almost double). This wouldn't have bothered me to get a custom tune done, but summer is right around the corner, and I'm sure, I'll be using my A/C very soon.

Thread here: http://ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62583

I know LS2Edit, has nothing to do with HPtuners, I'm just wondering if HPtuners will have the same problem with the LS2 GTO's. Will the current shipping version of HPTuners have the A/C Command tables so the idle can be adjusted accordingly.

Here is my dilemma:

I don't know anything about tuning. I know how to use computers, but when it comes to spark, fuel, timing.... I really don't have any idea, what does what. So, I was looking for a reputable tuner within 100 miles of me. (Central GA) to tune my car originally with an LS2Edit, but now since HPTuners is out, I would prefer to have the hardware and software myself. I'm willing to buy HPtuners if I can find someone to tune my car with my Hardware/Software. Of course I would take care of the dyno charges and buy whomever Beer and Lunch. If there is anybody interested in helping a clueless fella... please let me know. I need to get this done before our GA vs FL GTO Shootout which is March 23rd.

Any info and help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
    Last edited by Cyclone Chris; 02-16-2006 at 06:49 AM.
    2005 Pontiac GTO LS2

MY FQUICK - http://www.fquick.com/cyclone_chris

Mods:
    K&N Intake | 18" Staggered TSW Thruxton Setup | Toyo T1-R Tires | Billet Products Short Shifter | Kooks 1-3/4" LT Catted headers | NGK TR55 | Ported Stock Intake Manifold | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Polished T/B | FlowTech Streetsweeper V2 Cam | SLP UD Pulley | 160 Thermostat | LS7 Clutch | 39# Ford Blue Giant Injectors | Scorpion Roller Rockers |

445 RWHP/413 RWTQ

Haven't heard of this problem before but our software includes the AC torque model and various idle RPM and airflow parameters.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Easy fix. On my LS1 Camaro I had the a wondering idle when the AC was on from maxing out the "Torque loss % vs spark retard" table. The ECU uses TM to adjust your idle with the AC on so the car doesn't stall under the extra load of the compressor. I also had problems with my traction control from zeroing out the "Spark retard vs torque reduction" table. Put these back to stock and see if that fixes things.
    Phil K.
    02 Camaro SS 5.7L LS1
    01 Silverado 1500HD 6.0L LQ4 4L80E 78/75 turbo with Flex Fuel